Question Frozen boot

Jun 13, 2019
I have a computer that randomly started getting stuck in a boot cycle, no signal or anything, it would just boot up and shut down almost instantly. I tested with a different PSU, different RAM, and I reset the CMOS. It was an older work computer so I concluded that it was probably the motherboard. I went ahead and ended up replacing the motherboard, RAM, and the CPU, while keeping the SSD, PSU and case. I went to go boot it up and it froze on the gigabyte screen with the spinning wheel saying 'Preparing for Automatic repair' after it gave me an option to boot into the bios. I could tell it was frozen because the spinning wheel of circles froze. I rebooted and went into the bios and everything seemed to be working fine in the BIOS, CPU temperature was fine. I did a boot override to the SSD and the same thing happened. I tried unplugging the SSD and plugging in a bootable USB for windows 10. The same thing happened again, without the 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. I thought maybe it was a bad motherboard again? I had an extra brand new motherboard of the same model, I swapped them out, but the same exact thing happened. I tried resetting the CMOS, plugging only one RAM stick in, and swapping them out for each other, I tried removing all USB plugins, and still the same issue. Could this happen to be a bad motherboard swapped out with a bad CPU? Does anyone have any ideas? Here is my CPU build:

PSU: Corsair CX600M
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 UD LGA 1151 (300 Series)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series)

Graphics: Quadro K2200

The preparing automatic repair message is not likely at all to come about due to motherboard, unless there is an odd issue with the SATA ports. Most likely issue is the drive. Is there no disk at all in the system aside from that USB you were trying to boot from? Try using a Linux Live USB boot stick, those can run without a drive attached.

Jun 13, 2019
Yeah that's correct, I unplugged everything from the sata ports and tried booting to a bootable USB, and it still froze on the gigabyte loading screen. I can try booting to a bootable linux USB and report back. The only constant that I can think of is the new CPU I put in, I've swapped out every piece of hardware except for the new CPU. Have you ever heard of a CPU causing this issue before?