LordTimzki

Commendable
May 23, 2017
Most games keep freezing and when they freeze I could still hear audio. Games like League of Legends, Roblox, Nier:Automata, Monster Hunter World, and rarely VLC player. I thought this was all the fault of my graphics card the GT1030 so I replaced it with a GTX 1660ti in 2/25/20. I still have the same crashes/freezes as I did before.
Crashes usually occur literally when the game starts (ex. MHW crashes in the start menu) , or somewhere in the middle (mid-combat). Alt-tabbing and going back to the game either turns it black or just still frozen but for league it sometimes goes back to normal. It doesn't seem to freeze everyday but just randomly. I've tried things like changing XMP profiles for the ram and it felt like it worked but the freeze comes back.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1700 (stock cooler)
MSI B350 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 8x2 3000 ( on xmp-profile 2 (2933 15-17-17-35)
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2-2280
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
MSI Geforce GTX 1660Ti 6GB Gaming X
NZXT S340
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 80+ Gold
2 Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 140mm
Windows 10 Home (activated)
My USB ports are filled by my Razer Seiren X, Corsair K70 rgb rapidfire, and Razer Deathadder Chroma.
dxdiag
Any help is appreciated thank you!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
First off, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure you're on the latest version of your OS, we're currently on 1909.

You might want to also use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Then go into Nvidia's support site to download the latest drivers and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Just to reiterate, you don't have the system reboot or lock up(with an unresponsive peripheral set), right?

LordTimzki

Commendable
May 23, 2017
First off, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure you're on the latest version of your OS, we're currently on 1909.

You might want to also use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Then go into Nvidia's support site to download the latest drivers and install them manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Just to reiterate, you don't have the system reboot or lock up(with an unresponsive peripheral set), right?
I don't have the system reboot or lockup.
I'll see what happens after doing the DDU. (BIOS was already utd and Windows is 1909 now after reading your message)