Frozen screen shortly after startup

Matt639

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
When booting into my computer (Windows 10), I am able to log into my account, and do actions for about 30 seconds, at which point my computer will get a blank screen. The color of the screen seems to be whatever color was most commonly being displayed. (For example if I had a blue sky as my background, when frozen, I would see just a blue screen). I have been researching to no avail. The computer works fine when booted in safe mode, all startup apps were disabled, and I "rolled back" and than reinstalled my video card driver. Nothing has worked. I don't believe that the problem has anything to do with my hardware because my computer has been working completely fin for the past 9 months or so. Thank you so much to whoever is able to help.

Solution
I had the same problem on my win 10 pro pc
It is just a bug in latest update of windows 10
Cause---While device resets can be caused by a varying number of factors, we are aware of issues with some Advanced Host Controller Interface PCI-Express(AHCI PCIe) models that causes these symptoms in Windows 10 when running with the inbox StorAHCI.sys driver. Due to a firmware bug, the Solid-state drive (SSD) does not properly complete input/output when Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode is enabled. As a result, the Windows storage stack attempts to reset the device after waiting on unresponsive reads or writes for a period of time.

Found solution in given link
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3083595
Hello...if ya can try and log in as ADMIN in "safe" or os modes... see if ya can send some pics/imgs digital?

let's see what the OS is reporting as the error... Right click computer-manage-System Tools-Windows logs-system.... Click on the "RED" errors, for more information... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

Posting screen images from here will help me, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )

Matt639

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Here is a folder with some of the pictures I have of my computer. Apologize for the somewhat blurriness, hope they are easy enough to see.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3je5jfwrr2ulyfl/AAAlbw5kHBgZh8D6sMyhDBvMa?dl=0

Antharax42

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I had the same problem on my win 10 pro pc
It is just a bug in latest update of windows 10
Cause---While device resets can be caused by a varying number of factors, we are aware of issues with some Advanced Host Controller Interface PCI-Express(AHCI PCIe) models that causes these symptoms in Windows 10 when running with the inbox StorAHCI.sys driver. Due to a firmware bug, the Solid-state drive (SSD) does not properly complete input/output when Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode is enabled. As a result, the Windows storage stack attempts to reset the device after waiting on unresponsive reads or writes for a period of time.

Found solution in given link
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3083595

Solution

TRENDING THREADS