frozencpu has closed it doors

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Saw this earlier. I use to get my Demci Flex filters from them. Haven't ordered since the year began though. Sad to see them go as only Performance PCs and Coolerguys have a similar store but not always everything.

fkr

Splendid
get ready for some price hikes if this is true. the swiftech guy said he knew nothing but it looks like email, tel calls and shipments are all being rejected.

seemed like a solid business with only a few competitors in a niche market.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
I hope they can get back up and running quickly. If not, I hope they refund the $270 I spent Feb 11th. I had just ordered from them two weeks ago for the first time without any problems.

[video=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw6LKjH-59U][/video]

I just noticed this on their homepage:

Site down until further notice
February 15, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be processing orders until future notice.

I made a cart, but it doesn't let you check out. That's good at least.

wss_003

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I ordered from them over the weekend and my order has been in packaging for two days the phones are off and no email response all signs point to closed and now I have to try and get my money back seeing as for the first time ever I didnt use paypal with them...performance pc is now my go to for water cooling

smackers_12

Honorable

Hope you can get your money back mate.

TheEnthusiast

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
They owe me $148 if they don't ship my stuff out. Order placed 13 February, update to order being packaged status 16february, now no phone calls or emails answered.. Good thing my dad and brother are both claims lawyers so if they don't answer quickly they will have more problems on their hands. What are people doing to get their money back now? Any comments??

smackers_12

Honorable

People who are using paypal can get money back easily. tbh I think you will have to go through your bank from what I have heard everyone is gone from frozencpu.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
They just posted this on their website:

Site down until further notice
February 21, 2015

FrozenCPU.com will not be taking new orders or processing pending orders for at least the next 30 days. We currently are attempting to hire new staff to get things moving again. We apologize for this inconvenience. - Mark Friga Jr.

Every company goes through a dark period no matter who they are. Lets just hope they are able to recover and come back just as strong if not stronger.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

I'm hoping. I placed my first FrozenCPU order a couple weeks before they closed down, and I was very pleased with their quality of service. I will definitely continue purchasing from them if they can get back up and running again.

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I live a few miles away from FCPU and didn't know they were closed until I needed a couple fans and noticed the door locked and all lights were off. A call later on with an out-of-service message, and checking the web confirmed closure. I drive by occasionally just to see if there are any cars in the lot or if anyone answers the door, just to get an inside scoop, but have come up empty.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Thanks. Let us know if anything happens! According to the website, they might be able to get up and running around the end of the month (hopefully).

TheEnthusiast

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Does anyone here think they will have the decency to publicly declare they are shutting down? I have an order that states "packaging" from Feb. 9th. I havent pursued my bank yet for the refund because I am hoping they open back up. I like their products and could really use the shipment I ordered. Any opinions on this?

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Yep, try to get a refund. If they are able to get up and running again, you can re-order everything, but don't get your hopes up. Personally, at this point I would be surprised if they can get back into business.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Here's an interesting piece of information:

Within a week after FrozenCPU initially closed, I sent a letter to the owner (addressed to Mr. Mark Friga, at the address they have on the website). I just wanted him to know I was hoping they could get back in business. I figured he was getting a lot of negative feedback, rumors, etc., so I just wanted to send him a positive letter.
Well, this past Saturday, my letter was "returned to the sender." :(

TRENDING THREADS