[SOLVED] Frustrating mouse issues

Aug 22, 2021
I just received my PC back from the repair shop, where they had to do a clean installation of Windows 10. Unfortunately, my PC will neither recognize either of my Razer mice, nor let me download any iteration of Razer Synapse to find the drivers automatically. When I try to download Synapse 3.0, the download stops at 8% and won't go any further. Synapse 2.0 get stuck on just loading the installation. I borrowed a very old wired mouse from my roommate to try and find some answers, but every time I try anything new with the Razer mice (to no avail) and plug the wired one back in, it suddenly stops responding. The cursor just... gets stuck somewhere on the screen, and I can't do anything about it unless I just hard reboot the entire computer.

All of the help topics online say to uninstall and reinstall Synapse, but I can't quite do that when I don't have Synapse anymore -- or any of my old programs, for that matter.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them. This computer's been nothing but a hassle for the last two months, and I'd just really like something to go right.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
the Razor mice should still work using generic Windows drivers.
it's possible this is an issue with the USB driver.
have you installed all of the latest motherboard drivers since the fresh OS install?

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason that the PC went to the repair shop?

And yes, do update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = = What you can do = = = =

Start by trying a manual download followed by a reinstall/reconfiguration of the mouse drivers.

If that fails with/without any error messages etc. then take your PC and Razor mouse back to the repair shop.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I just received my PC back from the repair shop, where they had to do a clean installation of Windows 10.
Well, I would give it back to them and show them what your problem is and ask them to work it out. I assume it worked fine before

Wonder what version of win 10 they installed
  1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H1
if its not 21H1 maybe they need to update their installer.

Simplest answer would be clean install win 10 again but they supposedly fixed it, get them to finish job :)