Question Frustrating situation w/ Acer Aspire 7 BIOS to external screen - please help

Sugar Kaine Mostly

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Hello forum users,

so back in early April Acer helped source the parts for my screen and LCD. The problem is that with covid much operation or even stock was a pain to obtain. Luckily I already had Windows 10 installed so boot up was ok to an external monitor.

now the real issue is that I have been having sampling rate issues with my Adobe collections so I haven’t able to edit videos for 2 months. I tried uninstalling programs repeatedly and wiping out as much as I could to the original Windows 10 fresh state with no software and reinstalled all programs. I did this about 3 times still no luck.

so I finally decided to format Windows 10. I realized I made a huge mistake as you’re able to install Windows 10 setup within Windows 10 and have it reboot general procedures. This is the only way since you can’t see the BIOS in an external monitor. The problem is it did the setup but I can’t see anything because it is defaulting to the laptop screen even though I removed the the entire screen, lid and cables.

i read online you can hit Fn + (F key with monitor screens) however it’s vague. I restart the machine and hold those buttons or press them simultaneously I don’t know if I’m doing it right. The output to the monitor is HDMI. I miss the old days of analog VGA where this would never be an issue. It was always a default protocol. Now why in the [removed] do they make this so difficult? Does Acer know screens get damaged and they want you to force service to them?

any tips? Best regards

Sugar Kaine Mostly

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
223-F7-EC4-F951-4-B81-A843-07-E6027-BDBE1.jpg

Sugar Kaine Mostly

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
does anybody know what connection header this is? Is it 30pin Slim LCD? If anybody knows of a generic LCD panel I can buy I can at least shoot my BIOS or laptop screen signal to it so that I can install Windows 10 and then have it boot to an external monitor.

C12254-C6-31-A3-433-D-8-C16-81-FFF814-A3-AB.jpg