Dec 4, 2020
Hello everyone i am new here i know about computers since i've been working with them most of my life. But i have a problem i feel like every stutter, freeze and fps drop happens cause of my ram but i wanted to ask about it to the pros here thanks in advance.
My system: İntel Xeon e5450 3.00 ghz
3 gb ddr2 667mhz (one 2 gb stick and 1 gb)
gigabyte ga g31esl motherboard
Msi radeon r7 240 2gb ddr3
programs and games both have been tried on external hard drives and internal ones they work without stutter on my laptop through external hard drive
My laptop: İntel i3 370m
4 gb ddr3
Nvidia gt 425m
They don't have a problem with stutter and fps drops on my laptop but my desktop give higher fps with a lot of stutters,drops and freezes i would love to learn who the culprit is and to fix it.
I am aware that my computer is pretty old and i need to build a new one but where i live (Turkey) building an entry level system will take an whole monthly salary and i am a student that built this little budget computer saving money for 3 years thanks for your consideration of this.

Dec 4, 2020
Hey I'm sorry to post on your thread but I couldn't figure out how to start my own and I bought a new monitor a few days ago and since I changed over to this new monitor I have been dealing with the same kind of problem. My computer now freezes randomly, the audio cuts out, and my mouse input and keyboard randomly get delayed and I don't know much about computers but I can usually find a solution myself but I have done so much research and found nothing and I thought maybe it was something to do with the new monitor but when i plugged it up to the old monitor im still having the same issue and I dont understand. Please help! Also my pc has been working fine for about a year now and I did nothing but connect it to a new monitor with a higher refresh rate and I just dont understand what could be causing this. Also once again I apologize for posting on your thread and I hope that you too can find a solution

Dec 4, 2020
Hey I'm sorry to post on your thread but I couldn't figure out how to start my own and I bought a new monitor a few days ago and since I changed over to this new monitor I have been dealing with the same kind of problem. My computer now freezes randomly, the audio cuts out, and my mouse input and keyboard randomly get delayed and I don't know much about computers but I can usually find a solution myself but I have done so much research and found nothing and I thought maybe it was something to do with the new monitor but when i plugged it up to the old monitor im still having the same issue and I dont understand. Please help! Also my pc has been working fine for about a year now and I did nothing but connect it to a new monitor with a higher refresh rate and I just dont understand what could be causing this. Also once again I apologize for posting on your thread and I hope that you too can find a solution
i think you should right click on the desktop > display settings > advanced display settings at the bottom and there will be an option at the bottom open it up and at the top there is a monitor tab set the highest refresh rate possible

and if you didnt activate your account trough email cause you cant create thread if you didnt

Reactions: LooseScrew#99
Dec 4, 2020
Okay so I have some good new I did a clean boot and everything is working as of now so im assuming that it has something to do with some program. Also I did turn it up to 240hz which is the highest and I dont know if im right but im thinking that nvidia's display setting were messing with my monitor or something because as of now everything is working fine and its weird because this is a Samsung monitor that supports nvidia's g-sync so you wouldnt think that would have anything to do with it but I cant think of it being anything else because everything was working fine until i swapped monitors but I dont know enough about all this to be sure and if you have any ideas on how i could track down the problem and figure it out that would be much appreciated and I really appreciate you responding and being helpful. For now im just gonna enjoy it while it works lol and I really hope you figure out your problem and I'll try to ask around and see if I cant help you out

TRENDING THREADS