FS: Adapters and Fingerboards

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I just got some PCBs back from the fab this week, so I'm looking to make
some quick sales to recoup expenses :)

Standard Fingerboard: $ 3 QTY: 80
Labelled Fingerboard: $10 QTY: 20
Amlified Fingerboard: $15 QTY: 20 (lm380 amp built in)
Konami to JAMMA: $35 QTY: 20
Falcon to JAMMA: $35 QTY: 20 (crazy kong, make trax, pacman 18)

Pacman Daughterboards: $40 QTY: 40 (Sync Bus and VRAM addresser pair)
Pac Daughterboards Kit: $25 (Solder it yourself and save!)

All PCBs have full silkscreen and soldermask

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

pics?

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in

> I just got some PCBs back from the fab this week, so I'm looking to
> make some quick sales to recoup expenses :)
>
> Standard Fingerboard: $ 3 QTY: 80

I doubt those are shipped prices...what's the rate like, or are you just
going standard Priority?

--
Do you want a free Gaming Console?
http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

:
:> I just got some PCBs back from the fab this week, so I'm looking to
:> make some quick sales to recoup expenses :)
:>
:> Standard Fingerboard: $ 3 QTY: 80
:
: I doubt those are shipped prices...what's the rate like, or are you just
: going standard Priority?

Small #'s of finger boards or 1-2 adapters should be ~ $1 sent first
class... or $3.85 priority for up to a pound.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

What are the Pac Daughterboards (Solder it yourself ) kits like? Does itt
has all the traces and you just drop in the chips and solder them or is
there to to it than that?

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
>I just got some PCBs back from the fab this week, so I'm looking to make
> some quick sales to recoup expenses :)
>
> Standard Fingerboard: $ 3 QTY: 80
> Labelled Fingerboard: $10 QTY: 20
> Amlified Fingerboard: $15 QTY: 20 (lm380 amp built in)
> Konami to JAMMA: $35 QTY: 20
> Falcon to JAMMA: $35 QTY: 20 (crazy kong, make trax, pacman 18)
>
> Pacman Daughterboards: $40 QTY: 40 (Sync Bus and VRAM addresser pair)
> Pac Daughterboards Kit: $25 (Solder it yourself and save!)
>
> All PCBs have full silkscreen and soldermask
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

never use USPS to ship priority... it's a complete and utter waste of
money... The NJ Star Ledger did a report on it (maybe it was AP) a few
years ago... they mailed 20 packages from each of 20 cities to (yes even
back to themselves) and mailed them both priority and first class.... the
first class packages arrived on average 1.3 (approx... could be slightly off
on the decimal) days sooner then the priority mail package... when
questioned, the postmaster general stated that priority mail was a premium
service that basically was for status only... they never guaranteed that it
would be faster.

they do make nice boxes that you can fold inside out to ship your stuff
regular mail ;)

Steve Muccione wrote:
> never use USPS to ship priority... it's a complete and utter waste of
> money... The NJ Star Ledger did a report on it (maybe it was AP) a few
> years ago... they mailed 20 packages from each of 20 cities to (yes even
> back to themselves) and mailed them both priority and first class.... the
> first class packages arrived on average 1.3 (approx... could be slightly off
> on the decimal) days sooner then the priority mail package... when
> questioned, the postmaster general stated that priority mail was a premium
> service that basically was for status only... they never guaranteed that it
> would be faster.
>
> they do make nice boxes that you can fold inside out to ship your stuff
> regular mail ;)

Current USPS Priority Mail boxes include print on the inside stating it
is a PM box. Their policy has always been that their boxes are for use
for Priority Mail only, any other use is "bad". As in Federal
"pound-you-in-the-rear" prison? Let me know :)

M.O.
http://www.madocowain.com
http://www.playmaille.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

You have NO CHOICE but to use "Priority" if the weight is 13 ounces or more,
if you want to send it "1st class". Also with online postage, you get free
delivery confirmation with Priority (absolutely needed if you sell on ebay
to protect yourself from the "never got it" buyer scammers) meaning anything
over about 11 ounces is cheaper to send 1# priority than 1st class + DC.

Also, use of free Priority mail boxes for other purposes is not only a
violation of federal law (the post office IS a federal entity), but also
only leads to them charging more and more for Priority on every rate
increase to cover the materials being abused.

Thankfully they're printing in big black letters on the inside stating USPS
PRIORITY MAIL ONLY or something similar on multiple bands to prevent people
like you from abusing the system, costing the rest of us more. Though some
runs they don't have it on them.

Anyone doing this is someone I do not want to do business with because
they're probably shady in other ways as well.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> never use USPS to ship priority... it's a complete and utter waste of
> money... The NJ Star Ledger did a report on it (maybe it was AP) a few
> years ago... they mailed 20 packages from each of 20 cities to (yes even
> back to themselves) and mailed them both priority and first class.... the
> first class packages arrived on average 1.3 (approx... could be slightly
> off on the decimal) days sooner then the priority mail package... when
> questioned, the postmaster general stated that priority mail was a premium
> service that basically was for status only... they never guaranteed that
> it would be faster.
>
> they do make nice boxes that you can fold inside out to ship your stuff
> regular mail ;)
>
> "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
>> In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace Peale <apeale69@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> : "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in
>> : news:422f48e7$0$564$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu:
>> :
>> :> I just got some PCBs back from the fab this week, so I'm looking to
>> :> make some quick sales to recoup expenses :)
>> :>
>> :> Standard Fingerboard: $ 3 QTY: 80
>> :
>> : I doubt those are shipped prices...what's the rate like, or are you
>> just
>> : going standard Priority?
>>
>> Small #'s of finger boards or 1-2 adapters should be ~ $1 sent first
>> class... or $3.85 priority for up to a pound.
>>

>> --
>> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
>> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
>> Cambridge, MA 02139
>> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

In rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace CDS <cdsweet@gmail.com> wrote:
: pics?

You don't know what pacman daughterboards look like?

http://rgvac.978.org/layout/SBC_285.gif
http://rgvac.978.org/layout/VRA_284.gif

No, I don't have pics of the actual board, since they just came in today.