FS: Gaming Rig w/ Steam Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysdaemon

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Cyberpower PC still under warranty until 2012 (paper work provided)

Processor: INTEL i7-860 2.80GHZ 8M LGA 1156:
CU-OVERCLOCK-1 PRO OVERCLOCK (10% MORE)
Memory: KINSTON HYPER X DDR3/1600MHz 8 GB:
Casefans: ENERMAX UC-12EB 120MM BLACK CASE FAN 2:
Liquid Cooled Processor Fan: ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER:
CD/DVD Drive: BLACK LG 22X DVDRW:
Case Tower: THERMALAKE ELEMENT S MID TOWER:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE P55A-UD4P CROSSFIRE/SLI DDR:
Case Extras: SOUND ABSORBING FOAM ON SIDE, TOP AND SERVICE-104 ANTI-VIBRATION FAN MOUNTS
Network Card: KILLER XENO PRO HIGH SPEED NETWORK CARD:
Soundcard: CREATIVE X-FI XtremeGamer:
PowerSupply: THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER 1200WATT:
HardDrive #1: WESTERN DIGITAL VELOCI RAPTOR 300GB:
HardDrive #2: WESTERN DIGITAL VELOCI RAPTOR 300GB:
GFX Card #1: ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB:
GFX Card #2: ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB:
Internal Extra: BLUE ALL IN ONE EXTERNAL CARD READER:
Monitor: 22" Acer WS 5ms:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64:

Gaming peripherals which come with package:

Razer Lycosa:
Razer Mamba:
Razer Destructor w/ razer wristrest:
G-13 Keypad:
Razer Carehshis Headset:
STEAM ACCOUNT: MANY Paid/Registered games, over $300 in games (Picture Below)

Considering it is a used system, I'll consider a big price drop, shoot me an offer

Email me at for pictures and more info

steam2.jpg

steam1.jpg

I'll be completely honest. The build isn't worth any near $3,000, let alone $2,000. And that's new. You've got a lot of parts that are basically worthless in it (network card, sound card, card reader, extra fans). You've also got low quality parts (Thermaltake PSU, cheap watercooling). Finally, you've got low performing parts (that Gigabyte board doesn't support both USB 3/SATA III and Crossfire/SLI, VelociRaptors are overpriced and under performing, the 860 doesn't perform well compared to the i5-750).

The price is also inflated because of the COMPLETELY unnecessary 1200W PSU. You may have paid $300 for it, but you could have easily used a 650W unit ($100) for the build. Asking someone else to pay for your mistake just isn't right. I wouldn't ask someone to pay that much for a PSU that when you can't add anything to the build that will use that much power. It'd be a different story of you had a single GTX 480 in the build and room for two more.

I'm going to price everything separately in groups. The tower is one part, the extras (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.) are another. I'm ignoring the games because Steam accounts/games aren't easily transferred, and I beleive you can't actually do it according to Steam's rules (could be wrong though).

I'd put a fair starting price (i.e. parts only) at $1,800 (and that's generous). From there, I'd say it's worth $1,400 new and assembled (penalty for not being a professional/offering a warranty). Since you've overclocked, take another 10% off, making the price around $1,300. Overclocking harms the computer, making it not last as long and can be especially harmful if done improperly. Finallly, take off 10% for every couple of months you've owned it. I'm guessing it's at least 3 months old, so the total final price (counting the monitor and extras, but not the games), and the build is worth about $1,100-1,200.

The extras would get a better price than that formula. I'd say you could probably get $400-450 for them if you sold them separately. That brings the overall total to $1,500-$1,650.

You would likely get more than that by selling the parts individually, but you'll likely be stuck with some of the extras (sound/network card, card reader, maybe the board), but you'd make up the difference from the added price of the other parts.

sysdaemon

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Thats all fine and dandy with me, I actually bought the PC for a LOT cheaper then what the other person paid for it. His mistakes = my gains. As for the overclocking, it was factory done, and still under warrenty along with the rest of the PC until 2012. For the steam account, I'd have to read the rules and whatnot from steam but I wasn't looking towards transferring any games, I was literally just gonna hand over my account, passwords and all. The PC originally came with (2) GTX 295's, but I've already sold those for $750, over 3/4 the total price I paid for the entire PC, so if I sold this PC for $1000 I'd still make a killer profit ;)

sysdaemon

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010

Well the credit card info on it has not only been deleted but changed as well, but I see your point.

Yes

v2ninja

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

Im not sure why people keep harping about larger power supplies being overkill, how weak is your machine? If the power supply is too weak, especially if you have a higher end GPU (let alone 2) you will hear a high pitched squeal out of it during high load. Example: My radeon 5870 made my 750watt psu squeal only when AA/16xAF enabled or 3DMark testing - upgraded to 850 - squeal gone. This guy has 2 GPUs and 2 10k RPM harddrives - a 650watt powersupply as you suggest wouldnt do sh*t for this system. 850-900 would be fine and buying a 1200 guarantees performance.

$3000 price is definitely overkill though by a pretty big margin

sysdaemon

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010

The receipt was well over $3000 because of the (2) 27" LCDs and (1) 30" LCD that came with the system along with the (2) GTX 295's and misc gaming equipment and games when purchased in 09', but like I said, I picked up this machine, along with the LCD's for a price no one would turn down. There isn't no way i'm expecting anyone to offer anything close to $3000, but between $1300-$1700 i'd expect, if not, i'd do like MadAdmiral says and break down and sell parts individually...

People "harp" on large PSUs being overkill because you shell out a large amount of money for them. Not only that, but using a larger PSU than the build requires will cause the PSU to run at a very low efficiency. Even though larger PSUs tend to be higher efficiency units, PSUs are most efficient at 50% load. The further you are from that, the lower efficiency they are.

As for your issue, the high pitched squeal is usually caused by a defective PSU. I'd be willing to bet you got a low quality unit that was defective out of the box. Quality is more important than size. If you had gotten something proven, there wouldn't be a problem. I will say that 750W is enough for dual 5870s. ATI even states that the 5870 only needs 500W, and that's a very conservative number.

As for the dual cards, they're lower powered cards. The 460 doesn't need a lot of power, and HDDs use almost no power compared to the other parts. Using a PSU calculator (eXtreme's excellent one), that entire build needs 530W. The 120W cushion is certainly good enough considering you very rarely actually reach full load in a build. A high quality 650W PSU will easily put out something more in the 750-800W range, making it powerful enough for this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.