FS: Mr Driller Drill Spirits for Nintendo DS

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:31:14 -0400, kevin <kevnospam242@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Check out my auction and get this game for 15 bucks (that includes
>shipping). I think it is a fair price for a less then 1 year old
>Nintendo DS title.
>

>check it out:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8207113965&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

there is only one more day left. Please buy this game LOL!!! It's
only 8 bucks and with shipping it comes to 15 dollars!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8207113965&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Kevin

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

kevin wrote:
snip

> there is only one more day left. Please buy this game LOL!!! It's
> only 8 bucks and with shipping it comes to 15 dollars!!!
snip

Gee, no one wants to let you rip off eBay by charging $7 for shipping...

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:45:02 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:

>Gee, no one wants to let you rip off eBay by charging $7 for shipping...

wtf are you talking about? I am not ripping off anybody Im only
asking 15 dollars for a 30 dollar game? You are an idiot.

kevin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:45:02 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>

>>Gee, no one wants to let you rip off eBay by charging $7 for shipping...
>

> wtf are you talking about? I am not ripping off anybody Im only
> asking 15 dollars for a 30 dollar game? You are an idiot.

Even if you were sending it Priority mail with an expensive mailer from
the Post Office and tracking it would be under $6. Since your auction
indicates you are sending it First Class, $7 is obviously a bit much...

I'd probably get it for my son, but I'm not willing to pay $7 for the
way you're sending it...

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:37:25 GMT, Smart Feet <smartfeet@yourshoes.com>
wrote:

>kevin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:45:02 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Gee, no one wants to let you rip off eBay by charging $7 for shipping...
>>

>> wtf are you talking about? I am not ripping off anybody Im only
>> asking 15 dollars for a 30 dollar game? You are an idiot.
>
>Even if you were sending it Priority mail with an expensive mailer from
>the Post Office and tracking it would be under $6. Since your auction
>indicates you are sending it First Class, $7 is obviously a bit much...
>
>I'd probably get it for my son, but I'm not willing to pay $7 for the
>way you're sending it...

first of all, if you were to purchase the game you would be getting a
30 dollar game for 15 dollars including shipping. It doesnt really
matter how I divide it up, but let me tell you what my reasoning is:

My first instinct is to start at 10 bucks with 5 dollars
shipping/handling, which sounds right? right? But in the past I have
found adding a couple bucks to the shipping and subtracting a couple
bucks from the starting price attracts more people to the auction.
Either way, it works out the same in the end.

$2 +/- in either category is hardly anyting to get upset about!

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

kevin wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:37:25 GMT, Smart Feet <smartfeet@yourshoes.com>
> wrote:
>
> >kevin wrote:

> >> wtf are you talking about? I am not ripping off anybody Im only
> >> asking 15 dollars for a 30 dollar game? You are an idiot.
> >
> >Even if you were sending it Priority mail with an expensive mailer from
> >the Post Office and tracking it would be under $6. Since your auction
> >indicates you are sending it First Class, $7 is obviously a bit much...
> >
> >I'd probably get it for my son, but I'm not willing to pay $7 for the
> >way you're sending it...
>
> first of all, if you were to purchase the game you would be getting a
> 30 dollar game for 15 dollars including shipping. It doesnt really
> matter how I divide it up, but let me tell you what my reasoning is:
>
> My first instinct is to start at 10 bucks with 5 dollars
> shipping/handling, which sounds right? right? But in the past I have
> found adding a couple bucks to the shipping and subtracting a couple
> bucks from the starting price attracts more people to the auction.
> Either way, it works out the same in the end.
>
> $2 +/- in either category is hardly anyting to get upset about!

eBay gets upset about it because you are avoiding their fees. That's why
it's prohibited:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html
(click the "some examples" section)
And $5 shipping for first class shipping of a DS game is not reasonable, either.
So, you're harming eBay's users by avoiding the fees to eBay warranted
by your sale, leading to eBay increasing fees for everyone else faster
in their ever escalating search for money.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:57:08 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:

>And $5 shipping for first class shipping of a DS game is not reasonable, either.
>So, you're harming eBay's users by avoiding the fees to eBay warranted
>by your sale, leading to eBay increasing fees for everyone else faster
>in their ever escalating search for money

That's shipping AND handling why dont you look at the other auctions
and tell me if that is not standard. Also I never say once in my
auction 1st class. It says "flat rate." I refuse to defend myself
over $2 or what YOU feel is proper shipping. Join the real world.
If you can find the game for less go do it!

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

kevin wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:57:08 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >And $5 shipping for first class shipping of a DS game is not reasonable, either.
> >So, you're harming eBay's users by avoiding the fees to eBay warranted
> >by your sale, leading to eBay increasing fees for everyone else faster
> >in their ever escalating search for money
>
> That's shipping AND handling why dont you look at the other auctions
> and tell me if that is not standard. Also I never say once in my
> auction 1st class. It says "flat rate." I refuse to defend myself
> over $2 or what YOU feel is proper shipping. Join the real world.
> If you can find the game for less go do it!

You are avoiding the point that this is not about an unreasonable
overall price, but that the shipping and handling is unreasonable and is
defrauding eBay, and that that practice amongst sellers is harmful to
sellers who do not seek to defraud eBay via artificial shipping and
"handling" prices, leading to higher reserves, which harms buyers.