FS: SoCal--Crystal Castles, Donkey Kong, Tron, Mappy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I'm in Lancaster, CA (93536). Moving and need to sell fast. I've gotten
great responses from these boards when I've turned here for help, so I
figure I'll try selling here before going to eBay. Email (check
spam-proofing) if you're interested--thanks!

Pick-up only, cash-and-carry, first $500 cash takes all four games.

You're welcome to see the working games up & running when you come to pick
them up; all games except the DK are on the second floor, so part of picking
them up is helping me get them downstairs! (I have handtrucks and can
possibly arrange for help if that part's a problem.) I think most of the
problems are minor to someone with the appropriate repair & restore skills,
but in fairness I have to call the Tron and Mappy "project" games, and even
the DK needs some basic electrical work (fuse housing). Note, even the
non-working games worked perfectly when I first brought them inside, so any
problem is of the type that can develop "just sitting there"--they weren't
dropped in moving or anything (but see note on DK).

- Crystal Castles: Works fine. All lights work (including track ball &
coin slots); coin mechs & door locks are missing. Inside, I can't be sure,
but it looks like someone rewired it--I have trouble believing these things
left the factory with wires strewn loosely like they are in here. Again, it
all -works-, but purists would presumably want to clean up. Completely
playable. Exterior cosmetics average.

- Donkey Kong: The base broke off when I was bringing it inside, and took
the fuse housing with it. Needs a new fuse housing (and fuse). It was
completely working before I moved it, I have no reason to believe anything
has changed since then. Presumed to be completely playable once the fuse
housing is fixed; cosmetically, it needs a new base, otherwise average.

- Tron (cabaret): Spinner is intermittent. Sound is intermittent--sounds
as if some "tracks" are playing while others are not. Video intermittently
goes wavy on right side of screen. Occasionally playable for short periods,
but generally unplayable. Exterior cosmetics average (note, the cabaret
cabinet has no side decals, etc.).

- Mappy (cocktail): Video inop. The screen appears to power up (glows a
bit brighter than when off), but nothing more. Sound intermittent. A buddy
of mine who knows circuit boards (but not video games) found a blown
capacitor, soldered in a new one for me, with no results. Completely
unplayable. Exterior cosmetics average (note, I think this may be a
converted cabinet).
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Damn, that is a great price. If you are moving to Chicago, bring them with
and I will pay you for them.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

"Douglas Paterson" <lastname.firstname@verizon.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> average (note, the cabaret cabinet has no side decals, etc.).
>
> - Mappy (cocktail): Video inop. The screen appears to power up (glows a
> bit brighter than when off), but nothing more. Sound intermittent. A
> buddy of mine who knows circuit boards (but not video games) found a blown
> capacitor, soldered in a new one for me, with no results. Completely
> unplayable. Exterior cosmetics average (note, I think this may be a
> converted cabinet).
> --
> Doug
> "Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring,
> "Twilight Zone"
> (my email is spam-proofed; read the address and make the appropriate
> change to contact me)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Nice talking to you Doug. I'll see you tomorrow.

-Darrell

Must have been a coincidence that you posted this and I saw it right
when I sat down.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hey Greg! I can always make room. :)

I'm selling off some games that I don't really p0lay that often. I made
the mistake to buy games that I never really played as a teenager.
Makes it easy too lose interest in them...

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

OH, BTw, I know where there is a Qberts quest pinball for sale if
you're interested.. :)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Darrell, you are a mad gaming pimp....nice deal if you get these dude....but
how are you NOT out of room yet!??!!? haha.

Use your arcade pimphand to find me a Q*Bert :)
Greg

<citznfish@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Nice talking to you Doug. I'll see you tomorrow.
>
> -Darrell
>
> Must have been a coincidence that you posted this and I saw it right
> when I sat down.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Thanks for any interest, but Darrell beat everyone to it (literally less
than 5 minutes after I hit "send," the games were sold). These boards came
through even better than I'd hoped!!

Great buyer note: Darrell (citznfish@gmail.com) was here when he said he'd
be, had the transportation arrangements he said he would, and had cash in
hand--what's not to like? Don't hesitate to buy/sell/trade with him.
Darrell, nice meeting you--I hope you get the non-working games up & running
and enjoy your new acquisitions!!

--
> [...]

> average (note, the cabaret cabinet has no side decals, etc.).
>
> - Mappy (cocktail): Video inop. The screen appears to power up (glows a
> bit brighter than when off), but nothing more. Sound intermittent. A
> buddy of mine who knows circuit boards (but not video games) found a blown
> capacitor, soldered in a new one for me, with no results. Completely
> unplayable. Exterior cosmetics average (note, I think this may be a
> converted cabinet).
> --
> Doug
> "Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring,
> "Twilight Zone"
> (my email is spam-proofed; read the address and make the appropriate
> change to contact me)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Thanks for the kind words Doug, it was nice meeting you too. I hope to
have them back in business very soon. =]

-CF