FS: XBOX w/24 Games

XBOX w/24 Games For Sale.

I have an XBOX game system (in working condition, with one controller) with
the following games for sale.

I'm just not into it any more and could use the money for other things.

The price is $400.00 US, (package deal only) postage paid to the USA or
Canada.

Payable with IMO only.

Here is the list of games
Fable
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters
Halo 2
Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
MechAssault
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Mercenaries
Pinball Hall of Fame
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Rallisport Challenge 2
Razes Hell
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Star Trek: Shattered Universe
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Terminator 3: Redemption
Turok: Evolution
Voodoo Vince
---------------------------------
If interested, or if you have any questions, e-mail me at
jdfarrow@passport.ca

Thanks for looking.

James

James D.Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Do you think I am asking to much?

$280.00 ($12.00 a game approx.- some are newer releases) for the games.
$90.00 for the console
$30.00 more or less for postage.

What do you figure?

James

"James D. Farrow" <jdfarrow@passport.ca> wrote in message
> Do you think I am asking to much?
>
> $280.00 ($12.00 a game approx.- some are newer releases) for the games.
> $90.00 for the console
> $30.00 more or less for postage.
>
> What do you figure?

I am just going by eBay pricing.
There is a XBox w/2 "S" controllers
a brand new Live account with headset
41 games and some of the better titles on the system for $400
on eBay

Just checked. Didn't see that one. Saw one with 29 games for $400.00 but no
bids yet.

James D. Farrow wrote:

> Just checked. Didn't see that one. Saw one with 29 games
> for $400.00 but no bids yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8203602472&rd=1

It still has six hours on it, though. Also, they're asking for $35.00
for USPS shipping.

What you're asking is more than what I would want to spend, mainly
because I don't have an interest in most of your games. I don't,
however, think that you're attempting a gouge.

I have watched xbox selling on ebay, and even bought one myself, and
suspect you might do well to sell it there.

Thanks for the link.

No, not trying to gouge anyone. Just thought it was a reasonable price. If
not, I am open to any reasonable offers that anyone cares to make.

James

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message

> Boody Bandit wrote:
>
> >> I am just going by eBay pricing. There is a XBox w/2 "S"
> >> controllers a brand new Live account with headset 41
> >> games and some of the better titles on the system for
> >> $400 on eBay
>
> James D. Farrow wrote:
>
>> Just checked. Didn't see that one. Saw one with 29 games for $400.00 but
>> no bids yet.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8203602472&rd=1
>
> It still has six hours on it, though. Also, they're asking for $35.00 for
> USPS shipping.
>
> What you're asking is more than what I would want to spend, mainly because
> I don't have an interest in most of your games. I don't, however, think
> that you're attempting a gouge.
>
> I have watched xbox selling on ebay, and even bought one myself, and
> suspect you might do well to sell it there.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:06:22 -0400, "Boody Bandit"
<boodybandit@hotmail.com> Gave us:

>I am just going by eBay pricing.
>There is a XBox w/2 "S" controllers
>a brand new Live account with headset
>41 games and some of the better titles on the system for $400
>on eBay

Is that a "buy it now" price, or is that the minimum BID? Do you
actually think it will end up with that as the final bid?

If the guy doesn't see the bids he wants, he'll pull it.

"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:06:22 -0400, "Boody Bandit"
> <boodybandit@hotmail.com> Gave us:
>
> >I am just going by eBay pricing.
> >There is a XBox w/2 "S" controllers
> >a brand new Live account with headset
> >41 games and some of the better titles on the system for $400
> >on eBay

The average Box system "usually" only gets you about $150 with 2 controllers
and several decent titles to go along with it.

> Is that a "buy it now" price, or is that the minimum BID? Do you
> actually think it will end up with that as the final bid?

It was under $400 when I noticed it earlier today.
I was cruising eBay because I am going to pawn a couple of my XBox systems
off on there soon.
I wanted to get an idea what I would get for one.

> If the guy doesn't see the bids he wants, he'll pull it.

People rarely ever pull their auctions.
eBay doesn't allow that flexibility anymore of cancelling your listing at
the last minute.

Not to bolster or deny the OP's claim to the value of his game
collection, but only to report, here is a breakdown of what GameStop
charges for these pre-owned games. I had to guess on a few, but I think
the estimate should reasonably represent what it would cost to buy that
collection from GameStop, given availability.

Price Rel. Date Title
----- ---------- --------------------------------------------------
24.99 9/14/2004 Fable
17.99 4/16/2003 Godzilla Destroy All Monsters
34.99 11/9/2004 Halo 2
17.99 5/27/2003 Hulk
12.99 2/25/2003 Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
12.99 12/30/2002 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
17.99 11/4/2003 Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
5.99 11/12/2002 MechAssault (I recently bought one at this price)
12.99 11/9/2002 Medal of Honor: Frontline
24.99 1/10/2005 Mercenaries (Just guessing on this one)
7.99 11/17/2004 Pinball Hall of Fame (Another guess)
17.99 11/18/2003 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
12.99 3/7/2002 Rallisport Challenge 2
17.99 4/25/2005 Razes Hell
9.99 11/10/2003 Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
9.99 9/16/2003 Simpsons: Hit and Run (A new copy only costs 19.99)
24.99 1/13/2004 Star Trek: Shattered Universe
17.99 9/20/2004 Star Wars: Battlefront
12.99 4/22/2003 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
17.99 7/15/2003 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
24.99 12/6/2004 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (guessing)
34.99 9/2/2004 Terminator 3: Redemption
7.99 8/31/2002 Turok: Evolution
9.99 9/23/2003 Voodoo Vince
======
412.76

In some cases I'm using the resale value for a different platform.
Although it's not always the same from platform to platform, I saw no
consistent bias in one direction.

TokaMundo wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:06:22 -0400, "Boody Bandit"
> <boodybandit@hotmail.com> Gave us:
>

>>I am just going by eBay pricing.
>>There is a XBox w/2 "S" controllers
>>a brand new Live account with headset
>>41 games and some of the better titles on the system for $400
>>on eBay
>

> Is that a "buy it now" price, or is that the minimum BID? Do you
> actually think it will end up with that as the final bid?
>
> If the guy doesn't see the bids he wants, he'll pull it.

So you finally decided to move on with your life. Congratulations :)

FYI, you can't pull after an item after it's bid on without good reason.
Do it a few times, Ebay will pull your account.

Boody Bandit wrote:
> It was under $400 when I noticed it earlier today.
> I was cruising eBay because I am going to pawn a couple of my XBox systems
> off on there soon.
> I wanted to get an idea what I would get for one.

Boody, there is so much intrinsic value in an xbox, my friend. MOD that
bad boy!

"babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > It was under $400 when I noticed it earlier today.
> > I was cruising eBay because I am going to pawn a couple of my XBox
systems
> > off on there soon.
> > I wanted to get an idea what I would get for one.
> >

> Boody, there is so much intrinsic value in an xbox, my friend. MOD that
> bad boy!

I am just to lazy to have one of my XBox systems modded.
Besides I already have a HTPC, IPod and a upscale DVD Player.
I just recently got around to clearing out all of my older systems and games
out of my main gaming room.
The only exception being my XBox but eventually (the day the 360 is
released) it will join the PS2, GameCube and DreamCast.

> I have a half a tuna sandwich with Mother Theresa's face in it. Anybody
> wanna buy if for 1k?

Has it been refrigerated? I'm hungry.

JoblessDave wrote:

> Has it been refrigerated? I'm hungry.

It wouldn't need to be refrigerated -- it has Momma T's
face on it afterall.

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>Boody Bandit wrote:
>>
>>>It was under $400 when I noticed it earlier today.
>>>I was cruising eBay because I am going to pawn a couple of my XBox
>
> systems
>
>>>off on there soon.
>>>I wanted to get an idea what I would get for one.
>>>

>>Boody, there is so much intrinsic value in an xbox, my friend. MOD that
>>bad boy!
>

> I am just to lazy to have one of my XBox systems modded.
> Besides I already have a HTPC, IPod and a upscale DVD Player.
> I just recently got around to clearing out all of my older systems and games
> out of my main gaming room.
> The only exception being my XBox but eventually (the day the 360 is
> released) it will join the PS2, GameCube and DreamCast.

I know you do, "new technology guinea pig" ;>) but aside from the
inherent hardware loss of capturing and burning (to DVD) XBMC is oodles
beyond MCE and likely whatever (I'm guessing cheesy) media extender
GUI for Xbox 360.