FSB 800 and 1066

Status
Not open for further replies.

binju

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I am planning to buy a laptop. Most laptops have FSB of 800 and I am planning to by 4 GB DDR3 RAM(1066MHz). How much performance increase i will get , if i have changed the to another processor ei9th FSB 1066

FSB=Front Side Bus, which is clocked in MHz just like a processor is. Essentially, it is how fast the memory and processor communicate with each other. With that said, you're looking at a 266 MHz difference, which when it comes down to it isn't much. However, if you are a gamer, it matters. But for regular use, i.e. e-mail, word processing, internet, movies, etc... it doesn't matter much.

binju

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I am planning use it for the gaming purpose also. changing from a processor with FSB 800 to another with 1066 vary a little. Anyway i am planning to buy a DDR3 RAM , But i am not aware about the advantages of DDR3. So only i am confused in selecting the right processor.

Gaming really won't even show you the difference between 800 and 1066, as well as DDR2 vs DDR3. You would only notice a slight increase in heavy memory applications, like video editing...and memory benchmarks. The real world performance delta is almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.