FSB/DRAM Ratio 6/6 vs 5/5 vs 4/4

What is the difference between ratios like 6/6 and 4/4 in the bios?

(If there is no difference than why are they there?)

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

"Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the difference between ratios like 6/6 and 4/4 in the bios?
>
> (If there is no difference than why are they there?)

Supposedly it refers to multiples of the PCI bus e.g. 200fsb is 6x 33.33 &
best setting for 200fsb is 6/6

There is no difference...try them all you will find they all work the same
(as long as the fraction has a value of 1). Some say it's to do with the pci
speed but this cannot be true because 3/3 works faultlessly at
200FSB....which if the pci theory was true would give a 66MHz pci clock.
As for why they are there....I've really no idea...Maybe it's just to
confuse us?