FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review: Value-Minded & LED-Lit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the way the fan(s) is secured to the HS, but I wonder if the holes on the fan shroud are like every other fan or if there's something specific to them? I can't say I'm a fan (pardon the pun) of the fan it comes with and would consider swapping it out for another or two in a P/P configuration if the holes and mounting setup weren't specific.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
It's about $10 too much to be considered a value product.
$25-35 is value territory. Above that and it's entry level enthusiast kit. Just the thoughts of a former broke as hell person

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It is considered 'value' for the large HSF market segment. Coolers like the Hyper 212 are actually about 50% the overall depth and hence, smaller overall footprint...also, 4-heatpipe vs. 6-heatpipe. This cooler is similar in physical size to the Cryorig H7, but around $20 cheaper.

^ no not really , the h7 is about the same price.
It also only measures 145mm heightwise & offers zero ram interference because it's offset.

Thosw 2 facts make the h7 a far better choice for a lot of buyers.

Hell, the h5 manages to be only 160mm high (& thats the max height on a LOT of mid tower cases) , squeeze a 140mm fan in & still manages zero ram interference because its offset.

This cooler neess to be $35 max , literally only non standard thkng about it is the nickel black coating .

There are dozen of coolers that perform similarly for less money.

It looks nice , it performs well , but the height & led fan will put many buyers off & its too expensive.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thinkcomputers.org/arctic-freezer-33-esports-edition-cpu-cooler-review/4/&ved=2ahUKEwj1g_ONhoPaAhUFQawKHZ5qBewQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw35xhFQg0rfo8D_0KspeZsU
Arctic freezer 33 esport vrs hyper212 evo vrs cryorig H5. Considering the lackluster performance of the FSP to the esport, and the further beating of the esport when faced by an Evo, at 165mm and $45, to be dominated by a smaller, $30 Evo is a shame. At the $35 mark is the Cryorig H7, which tops the Evo in everything but price. Seriously, That is the cooler to beat, and good luck with that.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.49 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212X Dual Fan 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 Quad Lumi 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.85 @ OutletPC)

For a breakout cooler, FSP didn't do its homework this time, it's too big, too expensive and doesn't perform. Not going to be on my recommended alternatives list.

Nah , the gammaxx 400 is the cooler to beat on price performance.

Currently $15 after rebate,$20 without.

In the uk the red & blue led versions are £21 straight out.

The quad lumi? That's full blown programmable led , Both fan & top plate logo , I see the market for that.

A straight blue led fan though ? That's worth an extra $ at best , it'll actually put a lot of buyers off imo.

Nice cooler , performs ok, nice black finish , too big height wise , too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.