News FSP's 2500W Power Supply Has Enough Juice To Feed Four RTX 4090

Sluggotg

Honorable
Feb 17, 2019
As mentioned at 2500 Watts, that will exceed the capacity of even a 20 Amp Outlet. Most home outlets in the US are 15 Amp. A 20 Amp wall outlet will generally handle a max of 2400 Watts.
If you were actually using the max capacity of that Power Supply, (or close to it), you would have to plug everything else into a different Circuit. (Not just a nearby Outlet that is attached to the same breaker as this).
I am using a 1600 Watt PS on my biggest machines. I am not overloading it even with a 4090 and a bunch of drives etc. But I am still going to run some new, dedicated lines with 20 Amp outlets to some of my larger loads.
In my old house I just about started a fire by running a 1500 Watt space heater off a 15 Amp outlet. The Socket itself and the wiring got Very hot. (Old wiring). Certainly worth checking with your hand and/or an Infrared Thermometer.

Jun 2, 2023
As mentioned at 2500 Watts, that will exceed the capacity of even a 20 Amp Outlet. Most home outlets in the US are 15 Amp. A 20 Amp wall outlet will generally handle a max of 2400 Watts.
If you were actually using the max capacity of that Power Supply, (or close to it), you would have to plug everything else into a different Circuit. (Not just a nearby Outlet that is attached to the same breaker as this).
I am using a 1600 Watt PS on my biggest machines. I am not overloading it even with a 4090 and a bunch of drives etc. But I am still going to run some new, dedicated lines with 20 Amp outlets to some of my larger loads.
In my old house I just about started a fire by running a 1500 Watt space heater off a 15 Amp outlet. The Socket itself and the wiring got Very hot. (Old wiring). Certainly worth checking with your hand and/or an Infrared Thermometer.
Most countries use 220v instead of 120, they can easily support this power supply