FSX Configurations

dmegna80

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
All,

Wondering about whether the following setup would alow me to run FSX at optimal FPS?

Thanks and please let me know your thoughts.

BLUETOOTH:None

CARE1:professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS:NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CS_FAN:Default case fans

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY:12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory [+60] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD:* (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte G1.Sniper Intel X58 SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 E-ATX w/ 7.1 Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity/Dolby Digital Live Audio, Bigfoot Killer E2100 GbLAN, eSATA, USB3, 2x SATA3 RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional [+135] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+26]

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+166] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

_PRICE:(+1345)

it will run well for sure, my question to you, you're getting a liquid cooler, but you aren't getting any overclock. Are you planning to overclock later yourself? If not then, I don't see why you need a liquid cooler, which is expensive to install and also brings about complex maintenance.

dmegna80

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
AntiZig, thanks for the reply. I had a friend put together the specs for me and that's what he chose. I'm not married to it, but know very little regarding this so I was going on what he configured. I've done some reading on overclocking, and although it seems to help FSX, I dont want to make the new pc unstable. Any recommendations on what I should do?

Thanks

there are benefits to overclocking your CPU, no doubt about that. However, seeing how you're not knowledgeable about the whole thing, I would only consider overclocking if the said friend is going to help you with it.

If you're on your own then I wouldn't recommend overclocking