FTA ... Killing your local manufacturing industry

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

I thought you were a water treatment technician / engineer ... swtfh ??

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

WTF is with water treatment workers losing their jobs these days? On Facebook I have reconnected with most of the peeps I knew in high school and much more, the comment from Oldmangamer_73 makes me recall 4 people that said they were let go and were looking for jobs too all in the water treatment industry. Are they pulling the same crap that AT&T and FPL are doing?
When you get close to retirement the fire you or lay you off to keep from giving you what you were working for, retirement?
These guys all work for neighboring cities now. as they thought the city water dept would they tell their buddies down in the next town to hire you to and they will hire the guy that they fired.

Something is rotten in Denmark and it ain't the cheese!

riser

Illustrious
My mom was forced into early retirement by her female coworkers. They were making it miserable on her to the point she would retire.. she had 1 year to go. She retired early to the joy of a couple of her coworkers.. then the work she was doing was put on them and now they're all bidding out to other jobs. Women can be very, very spiteful in the workplace. Men are as well but not to the extent or level that women tend to be.

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

I worked for Sea Ray Boats and built 50 - 63' yachts. Down at the water was the detail crew, about 15 women and 3 guys. When I first started I was in the grinding bay(AKA the arm pit of the plant) and a girl from the detail crew came to help us out.
I asked her " this part of boat building sucks, why the heck would you volunteer to help us out?"
Her delivery and sincerity was intense, she responsed "Too much female drama.....The rest of those bitches are on the rag and why the heck would I want to be around that?"

I nearly died from laughing so hard!!!