Question fTPM/ TPM need help!

Sep 20, 2022
hi All, kindly give some help on this subject.
Press y to reset ftpm. If you have bitlocker or encryption enabled the system will not not without a recovery key.

press n to keep previous ftpm record. And continue system reboot. Ftpm will not enable in new cpu. You can swap back to the old cpu to B recover tpm related keys and date.

i didnt enable or disable anything as its new system. what key should i press.

please if you could tell me what happens if i press Y
and what happens if i press N

I Tried to go into bios but didn't allow me. yet.

sys config:
5950x, new cpu first start (no OS installed yet)
Mother board: Rog strix x570. ryzen 5000 ready. (hence no bios was updated from my side)
3080ti
pcie 4.0 nvme
64 gb Corsair ram

what key should i press.
Since you have no OS installed yet it does not matter which option you will choose now. The only difference is if you choose No then TPM will be disabled, and if you choose Yes motherboard will reset TPM keys and should leave it enabled. In any case you can change TPM setting later (it would only matter if you plan to use Windows 11 or Bitlocker).

Reactions: sharon.mathew
Sep 20, 2022
Since you have no OS installed yet it does not matter which option you will choose now. The only difference is if you choose No then TPM will be disabled, and if you choose Yes motherboard will reset TPM keys and should leave it enabled. In any case you can change TPM setting later (it would only matter if you plan to use Windows 11 or Bitlocker).
thanks you for replying.
i pressed y, and it went normal.

clarification i wanted was, woudl the action remove bios update. it didn't
thanks everyone.