Fujitsu Announces Fast Cycle-for-Cycle ARM CPU Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Dammit...I need this for the Android simulator which is slow as molasses when running AVDs....Like nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :)

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]Dammit...I need this for the Android simulator which is slow as molasses when running AVDs....Like nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :)[/citation]

Agreed, the slow Android SDK forced me to buy an Android. I only use it for developing but they got me to buy one.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I work for a company that writes simulation software like this. Granted, I'm in IT, not a programmer...but it's interesting when news like this comes out about our competitors. Kinda gets my blood pumping. XD We put out stuff that ranges from chip design, to PCB layout, to wiring harness routing and cabling.

The full article: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/pr/archives/month/2012/20120313-02.html

Sounds like this software will simulate the circuit-level responses of the ARM core to an environment you're developing. (e.g. build a Raspberry Pi, find out if you have enough address space to write to the display buffer...)

Edit: Epic link fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.