Fujitsu FDX-840 information wanted (vs the Cisco ATA 186)

Does anyone have any experience of or information on the Fujitsu FDX-840?

The BT Broadband Voice web site (http://www.bt.com/broadbandvoice/) is
showing that BT are now shipping this instead of (or as well as) the Cisco
ATA 186...

However, I can't find any information on the Fujitsu FDX-840 - does anyone
have anything? (specs, manual.. anything?)

How does it compare to the Cisco ATA 186?

The BT Broadband Voice service uses MPCG not SIP

Does anyone know if it possible to flash the firmware of the FDX-840 to
using SIP and back again (like you can with the Cisco 186)?

All help welcome..

Regards
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Yeah I have it and was using it however, I'm having a real hard time setting
up the firewall...

Pictured here : http://digital-stuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fdx.jpg

All I want is to know how to open webaccess for one system then I can do the
rest. Do you have any ideas about this as the docs I have are very limited.

"Marty Fae Fife" <martyfife@NOSPAMPLEASEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:yg5Cc.357$pq.3192922@news-text.cableinet.net
>> Does anyone have any experience of or information on the Fujitsu
>> FDX-840?
>
> Yeah I have it and was using it however, I'm having a real hard time
> setting up the firewall...
>
> Pictured here : http://digital-stuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fdx.jpg
>
> All I want is to know how to open webaccess for one system then I can
> do the rest. Do you have any ideas about this as the docs I have are
> very limited.

I'm afraid not - I was thinking of signing up BT Broadband Voice and noticed
they were now shipping the Fujitsu FDX-840 rather than the Cisco ATA 186 -
hence wanted some more information about it before I went ahead.

I have received a reply from Fujitsu which says:

----
The FDX 840 is sold to BT through their Broadband Voice service and is
specifically geared for that use.

It is only available in this way currently.
-----

The also included a 2 page datasheet whch I can e-mail you - containing its
specs if you would like.

Regards
Sunil

Hi again Sunil, sorry it took so long for a reply. I got the FDX-840 working
in the end so no need for the datasheet. Thanks anyways.

> "Marty Fae Fife" <martyfife@NOSPAMPLEASEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:yg5Cc.357$pq.3192922@news-text.cableinet.net
> >> Does anyone have any experience of or information on the Fujitsu
> >> FDX-840?
> >
> > Yeah I have it and was using it however, I'm having a real hard time
> > setting up the firewall...
> >
> > Pictured here : http://digital-stuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fdx.jpg
> >
> > All I want is to know how to open webaccess for one system then I can
> > do the rest. Do you have any ideas about this as the docs I have are
> > very limited.
>
> I'm afraid not - I was thinking of signing up BT Broadband Voice and
noticed
> they were now shipping the Fujitsu FDX-840 rather than the Cisco ATA 186 -
> hence wanted some more information about it before I went ahead.
>
> I have received a reply from Fujitsu which says:
>
> ----
> The FDX 840 is sold to BT through their Broadband Voice service and is
> specifically geared for that use.
>
> It is only available in this way currently.
> -----
>
> The also included a 2 page datasheet whch I can e-mail you - containing
its
> specs if you would like.
>
> Regards
> Sunil