The jumpers for the SCSI Fujitsu drives I have (MAT, MAS, MAP) are
smaller than usual (Maybe it is typical for SCSI). The connectors I
have in my case and hard drive mounting kits for connecting to the LED
jumper(s) are made for jumpers that have slightly more spread in the
pins. It is hit or miss to make contact with the pins on these drives.
All these drives have a set of jumpers on the rear of the drive next
to the SCSI connector that I can't find documentation on. I'm wondering
if one of those pairs might be a LED jumper. I'm guessing they are for
testing, but maybe... They have a pin spread that would support my case
LED connectors.

"Mr. No Address" <no_given_address@landofthelost.net> wrote in message news:cvl7ci$h88$1@news.nems.noaa.gov
> The jumpers for the SCSI Fujitsu drives I have (MAT, MAS, MAP) are
> smaller than usual (Maybe it is typical for SCSI).

Usually they are the 2mm ones.

> The connectors I
> have in my case and hard drive mounting kits for connecting to the LED
> jumper(s) are made for jumpers that have slightly more spread in the
> pins.

..1" , 2.54 mm.

> It is hit or miss to make contact with the pins on these drives.
> All these drives have a set of jumpers on the rear of the drive next
> to the SCSI connector that I can't find documentation on.

Try SFF-8009.

> I'm wondering if one of those pairs might be a LED jumper.

Not a pair but a LED-out pin and a power or ground pin will be there
to connect one. You need the documentation to find out which pins.

If IBM is anything to go by pin 8 is cathode out and pin 11 is +5V.

> I'm guessing they are for testing, but maybe...

Nope they are for a cabling harnass in a drive tray.

> They have a pin spread that would support my case LED connectors.

But you will have to loose the plastic piece and connect them individually.

Thanks for the detailed response. Comments in-line...

Folkert Rienstra wrote:
> "Mr. No Address" <no_given_address@landofthelost.net> wrote in message news:cvl7ci$h88$1@news.nems.noaa.gov
>
>>The jumpers for the SCSI Fujitsu drives I have (MAT, MAS, MAP) are
>>smaller than usual (Maybe it is typical for SCSI).
>
> Usually they are the 2mm ones.
>
>>The connectors I
>>have in my case and hard drive mounting kits for connecting to the LED
>>jumper(s) are made for jumpers that have slightly more spread in the
>>pins.
>
> .1" , 2.54 mm.
>
>>It is hit or miss to make contact with the pins on these drives.
>> All these drives have a set of jumpers on the rear of the drive next
>>to the SCSI connector that I can't find documentation on.
>
> Try SFF-8009.

Nice. It must be the same for Fujitsu drives too since surely this is a
standard connector, right? I'll dig around the Fujitsu site some more
at lunch.

>>I'm wondering if one of those pairs might be a LED jumper.
>
> Not a pair but a LED-out pin and a power or ground pin will be there
> to connect one. You need the documentation to find out which pins.
>
> If IBM is anything to go by pin 8 is cathode out and pin 11 is +5V.
>
>>I'm guessing they are for testing, but maybe...
>
> Nope they are for a cabling harnass in a drive tray.

This is why I'm guessing the follow the same pattern

>>They have a pin spread that would support my case LED connectors.
>
> But you will have to loose the plastic piece and connect them individually.

Right. If I lose the plastic piece though, then I could plug in at
either place, though using that other connector will be more convenient
for two of the drives. Not sure why I didn't think of that to start
with. Thanks again for your response.

Gary

"Mr. No Address" <no_given_address@landofthelost.net> wrote in message news:cvnj4l$e0l$1@news.nems.noaa.gov
> Thanks for the detailed response. Comments in-line...
>
> Folkert Rienstra wrote:
> > "Mr. No Address" <no_given_address@landofthelost.net> wrote in message news:cvl7ci$h88$1@news.nems.noaa.gov
> >
> > > The jumpers for the SCSI Fujitsu drives I have (MAT, MAS, MAP) are
> > > smaller than usual (Maybe it is typical for SCSI).
> >
> > Usually they are the 2mm ones.
> >
> > > The connectors I
> > > have in my case and hard drive mounting kits for connecting to the LED
> > > jumper(s) are made for jumpers that have slightly more spread in the
> > > pins.
> >
> > .1" , 2.54 mm.
> >
> > > It is hit or miss to make contact with the pins on these drives.
> > > All these drives have a set of jumpers on the rear of the drive next
> > > to the SCSI connector that I can't find documentation on.
> >
> > Try SFF-8009.
>
> Nice. It must be the same for Fujitsu drives too since surely this is a
> standard connector, right? I'll dig around the Fujitsu site some more
> at lunch.
>
> > > I'm wondering if one of those pairs might be a LED jumper.
> >
> > Not a pair but a LED-out pin and a power or ground pin will be there
> > to connect one. You need the documentation to find out which pins.
> >
> > If IBM is anything to go by pin 8 is cathode out and pin 11 is +5V.
> >
> > > I'm guessing they are for testing, but maybe...
> >
> > Nope they are for a cabling harnass in a drive tray.
>
> This is why I'm guessing they follow the same pattern
>
> > > They have a pin spread that would support my case LED connectors.
> >
> > But you will have to loose the plastic piece and connect them individually.
>
> Right. If I lose the plastic piece though, then I could plug in at either place,

Not really. The pins are also of different thickness.
The contacts may fall out or even cause a short.

Folkert Rienstra wrote:
> "Mr. No Address" <no_given_address@landofthelost.net> wrote in message news:cvnj4l$e0l$1@news.nems.noaa.gov
>
>>Thanks for the detailed response. Comments in-line...
>>
>>Folkert Rienstra wrote:

>>>But you will have to loose the plastic piece and connect them individually.
>>
>>Right. If I lose the plastic piece though, then I could plug in at either place,
>

> Not really. The pins are also of different thickness.
> The contacts may fall out or even cause a short.

Thanks again.

Gary