Question Fujitsu Lifebook E736 keyboard problems

mikxx

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Hello
yday my Notebook was working fine. As of today the keyboard has issues.

For instance the "t" key does not work. But sometimes it types automatically which results in "ttttttttttttttt".

The left shift key + 5 does not work. Right shift key +5 does. The 5 key standalone does. Also the left shift key in combination with any other key works.

If I use external Keyboard it works fine, minus the autotype "ttttttttt". That still occurs.

I updated Drivers, checked for ,malware, rebooted.Updated Windows 10.

Keyboard was not exposed to any liquids, Notebook was not dropped. I removed the keys and they look as all others (no dirt, coffee, whatever).

Any ideas?

mikxx

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
This is getting really weird.

As I m on vacation I closed the notebook last Friday while it was running at night. The next morning I had the problem. Usually I keep letting it run in another room without closing.

I figured out removing the battery and pushing the on button for some seconds (discharge the capacitators) gets me rid of the problem.

So Saturdays I closed the notebook screen again while letting it run. Sunday morning I had exactly the same issues.

Sunday night I let it open and Monday morning no problems. So this just keeps happening if I close the notebook while it s running during the night. First I m very happy I do not need to put money into this. Second I still need to figure out what causes this problem.

Any ideas?