Fujitsu lifebook memory problrms

Jim Donahue

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I have my hard drive split into 2 parts on my laptop, fujitsu lifebook series (build: 23 DOM--MS--2) with system memory module DDR3-1333 MHz SDRAM dual-channel memory module, with 224 GB in each one.

How do I get stuff stored on to the disc labeled "D" in the computer settings, as everything currently goes into "C", and when it fills up, the computer tells me to delete some things, so that system restore doesn't get deleted for lack of disc space.

Help

Solution
No, no reason, it's just easier to type applications than it is to type program files :D The path doesn't matter though, you can put them in whatever folder you want to.

Yes, they can be.

First, (assuming win 7 here) navigate to C:\Users\(you)\ and copy whatever folders you want stored on the other drive to the folder of your choice on the other drive.

Then right click on the "documents" link under the start menu and choose properties.

Add a new library, with the path that you just copied the files to, and set it as the default.

You can delete the folders in C:\Users\(you) now.

Jim Donahue

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

So regular things like saving pictures and documents can't be put into Drive D:
Or do I first have to create that place and then put these things in there.

I notice that with regards to your answer of my post, you say when installing, put them in D: Applications, and normally they go to C: Program files. Is there a reason why C=Program files and D:=Applications

No, no reason, it's just easier to type applications than it is to type program files :D The path doesn't matter though, you can put them in whatever folder you want to.

Yes, they can be.

First, (assuming win 7 here) navigate to C:\Users\(you)\ and copy whatever folders you want stored on the other drive to the folder of your choice on the other drive.

Then right click on the "documents" link under the start menu and choose properties.

Add a new library, with the path that you just copied the files to, and set it as the default.

You can delete the folders in C:\Users\(you) now.

Solution