Fujitsu t4220 laptop blank screen with blinking bar

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hi,
I am needing ALOT of help trying to get my computer running...
So Here It Goes:
I bought a fujitsu T4220 and was wanting to upgrade the RAM from it's previous 1GB so i went online and bought 2x 2GB Ram, placed it correctly in there and booted it up and in BIOS it was detected, but never brought up windows and that's when things went down hill for me =/
so to try and get it working again i placed the original RAM back in there and now windows won't even show up AT ALL!

So i grabbed my windows xp cd and tried to reinstall windows but that won't even work (the repair nor the reinstallation).

SO, it said something to the affect that "It cannot locate the HDD" even when the BIOS detected it...

SO, i thought it was the hard drive that wasn't booting it up so i bought another HDD online Brand New same make and modeland it detected it but nor when i turn the laptop on it brings up the brand of the computer and then just shows a blinking little bar on the top of the left side of the screen...
Anyone have any idea what i need to do or.....something???
My B-Day is March 2nd and for a present i really REALLY wanted this thing to work!

PLEASE I AM SO DESPARATE FOR THIS TO WORK!

Thank You So Much For Any Info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
First of all, your laptop supports max 4 gb of ram if I'm not mistaken(so that's ok), but have U checked if the ram is compatible?
(A good way to check is Crucial.com)

Second, are U sure U placed it ok? (I know it's annoying, but I HAVE to ask! )
The first time I changed my ram the pc didn't start, then I took it out and place it again, and I got a greenish colour screen, and third time I got lucky......(ah, good old days... :pt1cable: :D )
What I mean is, check it again, make sure U insert it at the right angle and that U hear a click.

Did the cannot locate hard drive pop up when trying to install windows?
Are U trying a clean install or a repair?

Try resseting bios settings to default, or try to turn off your pc, remove the batery and cable and hold power button for more then 30 seconds, then put back in and try. If the hard drive is causing the trouble at installation , then try going to recovery console with your xp cd. (boot from xp cd, press r for recovery console, press 1, type password and press enter, or just press enter if U don't have a password.)
Try running a chkdsk /r and press enter. Then try to install windows

If U can, check the actual hard drive (check connections ,take it out, put it back in or check in another computer), also check hard drive settings in the bios.

:hello:

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Thank You My Friend I Will Do That NOW!!! LOL

Also when i get passed the Fujitsu logo it goes black with a bar in the left hand side?

Also i think i placed the wrong type of memory into it cometo think of it... =/
But, the bios still work...???

and i DO NOT have a recovery cd just the qenuine windows xp cd...(so worried! lol)

If your system turns on, the RAM should be OK. Sounds like either the hard-drive is bad, or you did not seat it properly, or when installing the RAM you damaged something else. If you can get to the BIOS and the hard-drive is there, what exactly happens when you try to start the XP setup? Does the setup start? If your hard-drive is a SATA one, you may need to get an XP SP3 disk so it will see it, you can also try to go to the BIOS and set the hard-drive operation mode to ATA or Compatible, depending on what options you see there.

metalmania1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
when i try to start the setup it says:

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer

Make sure the HDD are powered on (don't know what that means) and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct this may involve running a manufactureder-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

Setup cannot continue to quit setup press F3 to quit"
and when i hit F3 it says that windows xp is not installed on this computer...which i'm trying to do. =/

Thank You For The Post! =)

(i already have the xp cd to install it just not a recovery disc.)"

"you can also try to go to the BIOS and set the hard-drive operation mode to ATA or Compatible"

Do you happen to know how to do that in the BIOS? (your above question =))

So did you check the things I said in my post? Once you go to the BIOS you have to see if the drive is there, if it is, try setting the drive mode to ATA or Compatible, try installing XP again.