[SOLVED] Full fan speed and won't boot

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
After turning on my desktop, it has full fan speed and won't boot, actually it won't even start BIOS. This happened to me a few times in the past, and the only way it start BIOS is when the fan goes around mid-speed after the system is turned on. Also in the past that happenned at different amount of turning ons, sometimes it's 20 times, one time is was almost 100 (I counted them 😀), which I did in different amount of "sessions" (20-30 times, break, try again).

Well, this time after the power went out, I decided to brute-force it and I did well over 50 times. I did a good amount of tries with my normal setup, then I unplugged the storage devices and plugged in a bootable USB stick (that system has no media device). I did some amount of tries like that, then I unplugged the mouse and display. After a good amount like that, I took out of storage my secondary system and am now writing this.

Please help

Solution
It's 6 years old:
FM2-A75MA-E35
ATH X4 750K 3.4G FM2 4M R
GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
01G-P3-2615-KR
CORSAIR CX500 R
MK3261GSYN

Moderators: Could you please create a ticket. I cannot insert an unordered list, as soon as I press enter after pasting something in its 1st point, the page refreshes and it becomes as before the list was created.

List function works fine for me.

It's most likely your PSU that is causing the problems. Those old Corsair CX units are not exactly known to be quality supplies.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
It's 6 years old:
FM2-A75MA-E35
01G-P3-2615-KR
CORSAIR CX500 R
MK3261GSYN

Moderators: Could you please create a ticket. I cannot insert an unordered list, as soon as I press enter after pasting something in its 1st point, the page refreshes and it becomes as before the list was created.

Update 1: The only change I did was remove the CPU from the MB for a short time then put it back; I did not touch the compound doing so, neither wiping, nor adding, nor smudging any. At the same time I carefully passed a handheld vacuum over things and wiped the fans blades. I made sure no dust from the cleanup got on any of the surfaces of the CPU nor its fan. That was months before the troubles started, perhaps even over a year.

Last edited:

g-unit1111

Titan
It's 6 years old:
FM2-A75MA-E35
01G-P3-2615-KR
CORSAIR CX500 R
MK3261GSYN

List function works fine for me.

It's most likely your PSU that is causing the problems. Those old Corsair CX units are not exactly known to be quality supplies.

Solution