[SOLVED] FUll Loop Watercooling Suggestions

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Hey Guys,

So i'm looking to buy a full loop water cooler. I'm looking to have my CPU & GPU involved, then possibly add an ssd & ram in future

Have been looking at this: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-rgb-360 But it doesn't include the GPU Cooler, as was wondering if there's any other options / cheaper?

All help appreciated!

Solution
Make a list, pro's and cons of both. That includes everything. In the end you are the one who has to look at it, live with it.
I prefer the nzxt 700i for a full loop, but that's only because the only thing going for the Corsair is the 3rgb fans in front, otherwise it's not much different than any other TG case. The nzxt's have better cable management.
There's a few complete kits, but I'd piece one together. Most of the kits, if they do include a gpu block, will be reference design. What cpu and gpu are you trying to Cool?

Check out performance-pcs, they have pretty much everything you'll need. And it'll give you a good idea of full cost involved, wether or not you end up buying from them.

For reference, I've cooled both my cpu and gpu. Setup contains 2 rads, 8 straight fittings, 4 90*, a drain setup, pump/res combo, 5 fans. As well as the obvious tubing and blocks. That should give you an idea of what you'll need.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Watercooling isn't cheap, but that's been covered.

What you are needing to do is find a block that fits your card - what card is it? Hopefully it's a reference PCB or has a block specifically for it. I never buy GPUs unless I know they have blocks for them. This way, I know the card can be watercooled.

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Watercooling isn't cheap, but that's been covered.

What you are needing to do is find a block that fits your card - what card is it? Hopefully it's a reference PCB or has a block specifically for it. I never buy GPUs unless I know they have blocks for them. This way, I know the card can be watercooled.

I'mn going to buy buying the 2080 super series once it's released. Depending on the branding prices, depends on the card i'ma get. Looking at MSI mainly tho.

I'd suggest against premade kits. They're expensive and many parts in them could be replaced with a cheaper one that's just as good or better.
As for the gpu, get the FE model or a model which has the reference PCB.
And remember to avoid parts with aluminium in them. Copper, nickel and brass are fine, though mixing metals in general is not recommended.
For tube, my recommendation is Tygon, it's the most expensive one but also the best soft tube.
And last, the coolant. I personally use distilled water mixed with Nanoxia CF Base corrosion blocker, which is a combined biocide and corrosion blocker.
Using dyes is up to you but using them will usually shorten the service intervals, reduce the heat tolerance of the coolant and in some cases make it weak against UV light.
Pre mixed coolants i'd just straight up avoid.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
EK, Alphacool and Swiftech all have their kits and have been doing it for years and in some cases, decades. My first watercooling venture was a Swiftech dual 80mm radiator kit from 17 years ago. I still have all the parts (somewhere). As long as the radiator fits your case, the block fits your CPU socket mount and the pump can be placed effectively, a kit will do well. Are there 'better' blocks? Sure, you could find a specific mono-block for your motherboard model, but really only makes a big difference if you are going to do some high-end overclocking. There's less than 3-5C difference across nearly every waterblock on the market if you compare it like to like, CPU to CPU.

Fittings? Sure, you might want specific color fittings rather than the black compression fittings that might come with the kit.

Long story short - there are kits out there for just about anyone. Tell me what you are wanting to cool, what your loop is going to be in the next 2-5 years, what case you have and what might get added in the future (ex: a graphics card or 2) and I can tell you what kit to pick.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cheapest and easiest solution is get the kit from EK or AlphaCool that fits your needs, in other words, add up the wattage from everything, including the gpu. Then the only thing you'll need to purchase seperate is the gpu block and a couple of fittings and maybe a foot of tubing. The pumps in the kits are well able to accommodate a gpu, ram etc into the loop at a later date, once the gpu and block are available.

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
EK, Alphacool and Swiftech all have their kits and have been doing it for years and in some cases, decades. My first watercooling venture was a Swiftech dual 80mm radiator kit from 17 years ago. I still have all the parts (somewhere). As long as the radiator fits your case, the block fits your CPU socket mount and the pump can be placed effectively, a kit will do well. Are there 'better' blocks? Sure, you could find a specific mono-block for your motherboard model, but really only makes a big difference if you are going to do some high-end overclocking. There's less than 3-5C difference across nearly every waterblock on the market if you compare it like to like, CPU to CPU.

Fittings? Sure, you might want specific color fittings rather than the black compression fittings that might come with the kit.

Long story short - there are kits out there for just about anyone. Tell me what you are wanting to cool, what your loop is going to be in the next 2-5 years, what case you have and what might get added in the future (ex: a graphics card or 2) and I can tell you what kit to pick.
Cheapest and easiest solution is get the kit from EK or AlphaCool that fits your needs, in other words, add up the wattage from everything, including the gpu. Then the only thing you'll need to purchase seperate is the gpu block and a couple of fittings and maybe a foot of tubing. The pumps in the kits are well able to accommodate a gpu, ram etc into the loop at a later date, once the gpu and block are available.

Sorry i am new to full loop water builds so don't really know much about them. On my current PC i'm just using a pre built CPU water cooler.

I'm not going to be doing any serious overclocking tbh. A lot of this is for the look of the PC in all truth. Except for the following at the bottom, i don't plan on adding anything else because i am building a new PC entirely. So hoping this will last me for a while haha. My last one has lasted me 4 years, so hoping this will go even longer.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x (Will be buying soon)
Nvidia RTX 2080 Super (When Released) Not sure on the brand yet, probably MSI when released depending on the price, or might go with the original.
I'd like my RAM & M.2 SSD Cooled, but it's not essential, like i said, mainly for the look only reason i was gonna go for these 2 also.
Case: NZXT H700I / 500I OR Corsair Crystal Series 570X Haven't decided yet, which one would you reccomend?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Make a list, pro's and cons of both. That includes everything. In the end you are the one who has to look at it, live with it.
I prefer the nzxt 700i for a full loop, but that's only because the only thing going for the Corsair is the 3rgb fans in front, otherwise it's not much different than any other TG case. The nzxt's have better cable management.

Solution