Full Storage, new IOS, RESTORE, no BACKUP.......WANNA DIE !!!!

calamassi86

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
Hello Guys,
Im panicking....

I have an Iphone 5S.

For days/weeks I got the message to upgrade to the new IOS and I always clicked NO NO.

Yesterday night I think i clicked yes for error then abandoned the upgrade.

This morning I woke up with the phone saying "STORAGE FULL" and in the settings it says 0 BYTES

Im sure I had almost 1gb free.

I try to remove some apps but still says 0 BYTES.

Only option is to connect to Itunes.

It starts the backup right away, seems fine and then start to install the new IOS (I think the 9.0.2).

Phone is restored then I go to recover the backup and it starts loading like usual but at the end of it, after about 20-30mins it says " iphone could not be restored, backup is corrupted"

PANIC PANIC PANIC

I do local backups every month but Itunes saves only the last one which is corrupt (cause the storage was messed up?).

I tried the Iclouds recover but there were no backups either.

I lost 15gb of photos, 1000 contacts and much more.

My only hope is:

- 1 month ago I did the local backup on the computer and I copied/pasted the whole folder "Apple Computer" under user-appdata-roaming into a USB pen.

I tried to replace it into my pc but into Itunes when i select that backup it says "it cant restore from backup cause backup doesnt exist". But IT EXIST, it shows in Itunes with the date.

Maybe It cant use it bacuse it was made with the iphone having a previous Ios ?

Im dying.

Any software could help me to extract data (photos, contacts) from that backup folder ???

Bit confused as to why you lost the files, upgrading to a new iOS should not wipe anything off the phone. If you connect it to the computer you can't browse the phone storage and get to your files? Did you try to do a full restore of the phone from a backup in iTunes after the upgrade was done?

Also not sure what you mean abut a doing a backup and copying the Apple Computer folder, did you actually do an iTunes backup or something else? You can't just copy a folder out and then have iTunes restore it, that's not how it works.

Did you try checking at an Apple Genius bar or with your cell phone service provider?