Full Tower for A7M266 MB

G

Anyone know of a combo full tower case and AMD approved power supply for the ASUS A7M266 board? Looks like the only approved Antec PS is the PP403X, which as far as I can tell isn't included in any of the Antec cases. Last thing I want to do is buy a case + PS, then throw out the PS and install a PP403X.

G

Actually I was referring to the power supply. I can't find any cases with AMD approved power supplies for the Athlon, as listed on the AMD website.

G

You don't have to stick ONLY to AMD's reccomended list. From what I've been able to find out, the approved power supplies are tested by AMD and the company who makes the power supply is charged. I hope this makes sense.

If Antec submits the 300W PSU to be approved and the fastest Athlon is 1.2GHz then it's approved up to the 1.2GHz. Then when Antec submits the 400W PSU and the Athlon 1.4GHz is out then it will be approved to 1.4GHz. But that doesn't mean that the Antec 300W isn't sufficient.

I think I'm gonna be getting a Antec SX1030 case with the 300W PSU for an Asus A7V133 and Athlon 1.2 or 1.33GHz.

I'd check out the Antec SX1030 in beige or black. If you need the 400W PSU you can check out the Antec SX1040, same case with different PSU. Those Antecs are awsome cases as far as I can tell.

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
They're a little less common, but you can get most of the Antec cases with the 400w PS installed. Search on pricewatch.com for SX840, SX1040 or SX1240. They're out there. I have a 1240. It's very BIG, but very nice.

BW

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek:

Porkloin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
I believe that the Enermax power supplies have got the seal of approval from Jesus himself! Don't monkey with the Antec case. Get yourself one of those cute little Luan-Li's or the big, honking Addtronics full towers, shove an Enermax power supply in and don't look back.

Sweating like a rancid chunk of pork