Full watercooling loop.

TheLHF

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
I am currently starting a new build, im planning on using water coling, mainly because i have a space problem and i dont have another choice. Since this is my first build with water i need some help.
1) How bad is using coloured coolant really? i have read lots about how there are small particles that can clog the system, many have said that they only actually become a problem after a couple of years. (i dont have a problem with cleaning the loop every couple of months)
2) My "case" is going to be an old wooden desk. It has a very deep brown so i dont want to ruin the aesthetics by fiting it with neon yellow tubing... My question is, is there a way of using a colour like for example dark green or red and still have the ability to see it in the dark. (Because the way i understand is that the only way to see it in the dark is UV and that those are all neon coloured...)
3) can the radiator be placed sideways? And can i use the radiator as an output fan?
4) Should i try and find a GPU with built in water cooling or can i just buy the block for the GPU and fit it myself... Will i get problems with the warranty if i replace the cooling setup?

Any and all other tipps are highly appreciated and i appologize for the many questions, i just dont want to mess up the build, particularly not with watercooling...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1) Not sure
2) You can use colored tubing and light the clear fluid to get a lighting effect without neon colors.
3) Sideways is relative, but you can put a radiator in any orientation. Fluid in, Fluid out.
4) Adding your own water block will generally void the warranty. I think EVGA is the only one with a policy that allows it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1) Not sure
2) You can use colored tubing and light the clear fluid to get a lighting effect without neon colors.
3) Sideways is relative, but you can put a radiator in any orientation. Fluid in, Fluid out.
4) Adding your own water block will generally void the warranty. I think EVGA is the only one with a policy that allows it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY