Full watercooling loop.

TheLHF

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
I am currently starting a new build, im planning on using water coling, mainly because i have a space problem and i dont have another choice. Since this is my first build with water i need some help.
1) How bad is using coloured coolant really? i have read lots about how there are small particles that can clog the system, many have said that they only actually become a problem after a couple of years. (i dont have a problem with cleaning the loop every couple of months)
2) My "case" is going to be an old wooden desk. It has a very deep brown so i dont want to ruin the aesthetics by fiting it with neon yellow tubing... My question is, is there a way of using a colour like for example dark green or red and still have the ability to see it in the dark. (Because the way i understand is that the only way to see it in the dark is UV and that those are all neon coloured...)
3) can the radiator be placed sideways? And can i use the radiator as an output fan?
4) Should i try and find a GPU with built in water cooling or can i just buy the block for the GPU and fit it myself... Will i get problems with the warranty if i replace the cooling setup?

Any and all other tipps are highly appreciated and i appologize for the many questions, i just dont want to mess up the build, particularly not with watercooling...

Solution
1) Not sure
2) You can use colored tubing and light the clear fluid to get a lighting effect without neon colors.
3) Sideways is relative, but you can put a radiator in any orientation. Fluid in, Fluid out.
4) Adding your own water block will generally void the warranty. I think EVGA is the only one with a policy that allows it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1) Not sure
2) You can use colored tubing and light the clear fluid to get a lighting effect without neon colors.
3) Sideways is relative, but you can put a radiator in any orientation. Fluid in, Fluid out.
4) Adding your own water block will generally void the warranty. I think EVGA is the only one with a policy that allows it.

Solution