Question Fullscreen mode video changing display when I open the third screen ?

Scarlet D.

Commendable
Nov 10, 2019
Hello, there!

For many months I've been having a small problem with my three displays.
my setup is like so:

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core (4,2GHz)
GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series (Drivers updated)
MoBo: MPG X570 Gaming Plus (MS-7C37)
Ram: DDR4 (2 sticks of 8gb) 1600Mhz

Motherboard has an HDMI port but the CPU does not support integrated graphics, everything I am describing below is attached to the GPU.

Computer GPU [Dvi-d port] ---> [DVI-D /HDMI adapter]---> HDMI Cable(2m) ----> HDMI port [Display 1](60Hz)(Main)
Computer GPU[HDMI port] ---> HDMI Cable(2m) ---> HDMI port[Display2](75Hz)
Computer GPU[Display Port] ---> [Display Port/HDMI Adapter] ---> HDMI Cable(~10m) ---> HDMI port [TV](60Hz)

The screen which has the display port --> HDMI adapter is actually a TV and most of the times it stays turned off (but still it's somehow traceable by the PC)
The TV display is cloned with the Display1 of my PC, meaning, whatever Display1 shows so does the TV when it is turned on. I am perfectly able to access the control panel admin window for the GPU and Display Settings (Last sentence edited as per mod's request)

Problem is, when the TV turns on, everything gets transferred to Display2 and all other displays flicker .

Here is a link with the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz8WZo1Enqc

Also as you can see this is a minor problem and not that much important. PLEASE don't start saying "Buy this" and "Buy that". I am more interested on fixing it in a software level or with things I already have plugged in.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does the computer support integrated graphics and also have an installed GPU?

Specifically how are the two displays and TV connected: Motherboard I/O panel, GPU, or some combination using video ports from both.

For example (line diagram):

Computer I/O panel DVI-D port ----[DVI-D/HDMI adapter]-----HDMI cable ----> HDMI port [Display1]
Computer GPU -----[Display port/HDMI adapter] ------10 meter HDMI cable -------> HDMI port [TV]
Computer GPU [HDMI port] ----------HDMI cable -----> [Display2]

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

= = = =

If you right click an open area of the desktop are you able to access the control panel admin windows for the GPU and/or Display Settings?

= = = =

Note: the video link appears to require a download and I did not do so. Just as a matter of personal practice.

If possible take a couple of screenshots or photos even and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Scarlet D.

Commendable
Nov 10, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does the computer support integrated graphics and also have an installed GPU?

Specifically how are the two displays and TV connected: Motherboard I/O panel, GPU, or some combination using video ports from both.

For example (line diagram):

Computer I/O panel DVI-D port ----[DVI-D/HDMI adapter]-----HDMI cable ----> HDMI port [Display1]
Computer GPU -----[Display port/HDMI adapter] ------10 meter HDMI cable -------> HDMI port [TV]
Computer GPU [HDMI port] ----------HDMI cable -----> [Display2]

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

= = = =

If you right click an open area of the desktop are you able to access the control panel admin windows for the GPU and/or Display Settings?

= = = =

Note: the video link appears to require a download and I did not do so. Just as a matter of personal practice.

If possible take a couple of screenshots or photos even and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

I've updated the post with the extra information you needed. Screenshoting a "flicker" is just out of the question cause... well... I hope you can understand why. Best you could see with screenshoting it would be the windows to be on display 1 and then be on display 2. I've uploaded the video on youtube so there will be no issue on downloading it.