[SOLVED] Fullscreen Youtube randomly causes PC freeze.

Jun 19, 2019
For the last two days when watching Youtube the video will suddenly stutter and then freeze but the audio continues. My PC becomes extremely slow but I can alt + f4 and it eventually closes but my monitor remains dimmed and everything runs extremely slow (task manager not even updating my resource usage). I can play games and everything fine its just YouTube full screen. I have malwarebytes (premium trial for now) and there is no malware. Any ideas (trying to not wipe my entire PC as that would take several long hours to keep important documents and then reinstall all my software)

Jun 19, 2019
Updated graphics driver recently? Try installing previous GPU driver version.
I feel dumb for not trying that already. I reinstalled the newest drivers (Nvidia) and now it seems to be working, ill give it a few hours because it was randomly crashing every 10 min to 3 hours.

Side question: Installing Nvidia GeForce experience does that clear icons from your desktop? After reinstalling suddenly a bunch of my files were gone, they were old as hell files and most probably deleted (just a lonely shortcut) but was this Nvidia or something else?

Edit: It also deleted all of my shortcuts (not the files themselves just 1/2 of everything on my desktop) weird

I feel dumb for not trying that already. I reinstalled the newest drivers (Nvidia) and now it seems to be working, ill give it a few hours because it was randomly crashing every 10 min to 3 hours.

Side question: Installing Nvidia GeForce experience does that clear icons from your desktop? After reinstalling suddenly a bunch of my files were gone, they were old as hell files and most probably deleted (just a lonely shortcut) but was this Nvidia or something else?

Edit: It also deleted all of my shortcuts (not the files themselves just 1/2 of everything on my desktop) weird
if those shortcuts were leading to no longer present files, then it's ok. It's automatic maintenance: When there are more than four broken shortcuts on the desktop, the System Maintenance troubleshooter automatically removes all broken shortcuts from the desktop.

if those were actual files or healthy shortcuts - I have no idea why would they be deleted, but it's not probable to be caused by GeForce