[SOLVED] Fullscreening games forces "Out of Range" on monitor

Dec 2, 2018
My monitor black screens and says "Out of range" every time I full screen a game. I play Overwatch, R6: Siege, CS, etc. but I have to use borderless windowed for everything. I've had this problem for about a year now and I stopped trying to fix it a while back. I would assume it's a hz issue because it's a 144hz monitor and since the problem began, I've been stuck at 120hz.

Specs:
-i5 4690k
-gtx 970
-8g ram
-Zowie XL LCD

First time using this, so sorry if formatting is wrong

Solution
Did you experience this issue in all game.Anygame that works fine with full screen??
I think there is a problem with refresh rate either try differnt refresh rate in game or try changing differnt resolutions.Can you change refresh rate of tv??
Update graphics drivers??
Change refresh rate in nvidia control pannel??
Dec 2, 2018

Just tried it in Siege. I set the res to 1280x1024, then kept it at 144hz and tried fullscreening it. Got black screen and "out of range".

Dec 2, 2018

It actually didn't work. I thought it was just with 144hz but I guess it's just full screening at all.

king1of2patti3

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018
Did you experience this issue in all game.Anygame that works fine with full screen??
I think there is a problem with refresh rate either try differnt refresh rate in game or try changing differnt resolutions.Can you change refresh rate of tv??
Update graphics drivers??
Change refresh rate in nvidia control pannel??

Solution

TRENDING THREADS