Fully Customizable Computers For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I decided to post my company in response to the "How To" Article entitled "Do-It-Yourself PC System." The article made quite a few comments about how consumers are hard pressed to find a company that will build customized computers for them for cheap. Well, that is exactly what my company has been doing for the last two years. We operate out of California, but we ship systems throughout the United States. Check out our website and see for yourself.

http://corsaircomp.iwarp.com

Nick Jeske

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, four things.

1. Post the brand and model of EVERYTHING. There are far too many sites (like yours) that say AMD 1.13GHz, and then "40gig hard drive". Would you buy a "300MHz" processor? Of course not, you could get a whole bunch of different things. Most people here feel the same way about every piece of a computer. If I don't know exactly what brand of power supply (for instance) comes with the computer, I won't buy it.

2. As for customization, offer drip-down boxes for the choices. Don't make people guess at what you carry.

3. Selection, selection. The fastest AMD is a 1.13GHz. What if I want a 1.4?

4. Your website could use a little work. It's nice, but remember that you're competing against places like Alienware and Falcon NorthWest, who have great looking websites.

Sorry to critique your business, but since you posted it saying how good you are, I figured I'd help you out with that ego of yours :)
Good luck though, hope you're a success.

P.s. Here's another idea: customized cases. Offer fans, blowholes, different colors, whatever. People like that.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Oh, and I thought of something else. Offer W2k as well as WinME. I for one can't stand ME, and neither can several other people.

-----------------

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You going to start offering Geforce 3 cards anytime soon? Also what model KDS monitors you selling. I have a 19" FD Trinitron KDS and it seems to work just fine. I doubt you are including those with your systems, but just thought I would ask. Another thing why do you only carry Creative speakers? I think they are crap, I blew about 3 pair of them before I switched to Altec Lansings. Havent had a problem with one of them yet regardless of what or how loud I play stuff on them. As for DVD's why only sell a Creative one bundled with a decoder card? If im not mistaken I dont think creative has moved past beta drivers on the DXR3 for 2k. They seem to take an quite some time to update their drivers. But I support what FatBurger said, you can never have to much information about what all is included with the computers. Like for the cases, how many internal, external bays, and sizes. What motherboards are offered with what systems. Just some more observations. I build my own and a few others for friends, but there are those in the world that need others to build their computers.

Screw overclocking my comps got <font color=red>NOS</font color=red>! Point and click interface by Smith and Wesson

FatBurger

Illustrious
You have? I didn't see anything change. Oh well.

If you ever need a cheap (but good) webdesigner, let me know. I'll have a site to show my skills up in a few days.

-----------------

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
Yes I did make changes. All of the pre-configured machines now have brand names and additional specs listed. The major modification is the addition of a form that you can use to customize your own system right on the web site. I did some research and figured out how to set that up with my hosting service's included CGI scripts.

Here's a curve for you.

If I won your sig contest, instead of getting one of the aforementioned prizes, would you design (or help me design) my own webpage?

Go on.

Please.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I'll charge you $15 per hour to create a kick ass Flash website for you.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I would take you up on your layout/graphics offer, but I already have a friend that is in the process of creating a whole new interface for me. Thanks for your offer though.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
A good site to model after is micro pro (mpipc.com) they have a cool configurator. there systems aren't the cheapest but they do have a cool website.

:cool: <b><font color=purple>Change the sig of the week!</font color=purple></b> :cool:
And where's my COOKIE!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
I was replying to camiabz. I wasn't offering you free work :)

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I know you weren't offering me free work. But I think you did offer to do an interface for me for a price. If I am wrong, than kick me and call me stupid. :)

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for your offer even though I wasn't going to take you up on it.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, you're right. Wasn't sure which of my posts you were referring to. There's too many of them around here...

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.