[SOLVED] Fully Upgraded Computer, but can't run games like it should.

Jan 10, 2022
Hey guys, I recently have fully upgraded my computer, but I am still getting low fps(<144) in games like valorant and league. I've had this problem for months, and I don't want to buy a new computer.

CPU and GPU run at very low speeds, <40% when playing valorant, and causes low fps.

My specs are :

• 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 (can't get it past 2133, though)
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Radeon 6600 XT
  • B550 Gaming X V2 MOBO
  • 750W Corsair Bronze PSU
What I've tried is:
  • getting a new power supply
  • getting new ram
  • installing drivers (graphics, chipset, etc.) and deleting old ones
  • check temps, cpu maxes 75 degrees celsius when gaming and gpu 50 degrees.
  • reapplying thermal paste using amd stock cooler
HAVE NOT TRIED setting voltage, timings, etc manually

Things I noticed:
  • Ram won't get from 2133 to 3600 using the XMP profile, but I don't know if having it in the A1 and B1 slots make a difference rather than A2 and B2.
  • windows user icon when logging in is blurry, idk if cause of graphics drivers
Please help, I am desperate.

Last edited:
Solution
Idk if validating is the same thing as running the CPU-Z test, but it seems that my cpu runs hot now... like 84 degrees hot which might be the issue. I don't know where to look for the single thread rating.

single thread rating is 504.5
Your result is reasonable.
Many who run passmark will have an overclock that they are proud of.
I think 84c. is a bit hot for ryzen.
Can you take the case cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps look to case or cpu cooling.
Jan 10, 2022
RAM running at 2133 will have a significant impact on performance. When running 2 sticks the RAM should be in A2 & B2. When you move it to A2 & B2 can you get XMP working?

What did you upgrade? Have you reinstalled Windows after the upgrades?
I put the ram in the new slots, and it worked! I also did a reinstallation of windows while keeping personal files, so not a fresh one. Here is user benchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49504844

I put the ram in the new slots, and it worked! I also did a reinstallation of windows while keeping personal files, so not a fresh one. Here is user benchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49504844
That score looks ok now.

You didn’t answer what did you upgrade? If it was motherboard you should do a full fresh install of Windows, that means full wipe and reinstall keeping nothing.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jan 10, 2022
Run the CPU-Z bench and look at the single thread rating. It should be something like 528 for your 3700X
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/q7xhw8/1
Idk if validating is the same thing as running the CPU-Z test, but it seems that my cpu runs hot now... like 84 degrees hot which might be the issue. I don't know where to look for the single thread rating.

Last edited:

Your result is reasonable.
Many who run passmark will have an overclock that they are proud of.
I think 84c. is a bit hot for ryzen.
Can you take the case cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps look to case or cpu cooling.

Solution