Func's KB-460 Mechanical Keyboard Hits Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan20x

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Looks pretty nice. What kind of layout is that? The larger enter button which I've seen on older layouts but all those different keys and ill-placed to what I'm use to seeing.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Evan20x, Not sure why they used it but a quick look at fUnc's website and I found out that the image is the Nordic layout with standard US, UK, French, German and Russian also available.

(Source)
http://www.func.net/en/products/kb-460-gaming-keyboard/

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I love MX Red. I simply love it. But I'd rather have keyboard functionality and extra buttons and whatnot and live without MX Red.

I would pay a lot of money for an MX Red keyboard with customizable buttons or at least extra buttons... If any

Sep 30, 2013
Evan20x: It's Swedish layout (finish may look the same too), the other keys are poorly placed because we've got three additional characters to put in there (ÅÄÖ.) (As for nordic layout the norweigans would use Ø instead of Ö and Æ instead of Ä, the danish would do the same but change place of the two for some reason.)

I think the brand was bought up by some other company, that company may be Swedish. For some reason they replied to my mail in Swedish at least.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I have the Rosewill white with black key version. Love it but it does make a bit of noise, especially at night when I can't sleep and it wakes people. Wish for one with volume, play/pause, forward and back keys for media. Changing volume with headphones is a pain as I use pro headphones and they don't have volume button. Usually use a second cheap Microsoft keyboard just for the media keys while I use mine.

I'll have to find a review of this, I could use a new keyboard
It's got the exact same body as the Leopold I'm typing on right now. It's missing the detachable cord, but other than that and the larger enter key, it's identical. Should be quite a good keyboard.

I love MX Red. I simply love it. But I'd rather have keyboard functionality and extra buttons and whatnot and live without MX Red. I would pay a lot of money for an MX Red keyboard with customizable buttons or at least extra buttons... If any
...seriously? Go look up a program called AutoHotKey. It can turn your entire number pad into a macro pad... or any other button or combination of keystrokes you so desire. It's infinitely more customizable and more powerful than any bundled macro software, and there's no reason to pay extra for macro keys.

Changing volume with headphones is a pain as I use pro headphones and they don't have volume button. Usually use a second cheap Microsoft keyboard just for the media keys while I use mine.

A lot of us have audiophile headphones. The solution to that is to buy a headphone amp... which you should have if you have high resistance headphones anyways.

As for volume buttons on the keyboard, look at what I said in my last post about AutoHotKey. I'm currently using insert, home, and page up for previous, pause, and next tracks, and end and page down for volume up and down. Works a treat, takes virtually no system resources, and loads with windows.

As for your keyboard being loud, buy rubber spacers. You'll have to take each key up to put the spacers on, but the noise will be deadened. It won't be silent, but the noise won't carry NEARLY as far.

First, I've never heard of Func. Second, how do they expect to compete with players already in the market at those prices? They aren't doing anything we haven't already seen unless there is some real advantage to having an aluminum backplate on a keyboard?

The Corsair K95 is a fully Cherry MX Red keyboard with 18 G-Keys and 3 saveable presets for a total of up to 54 macros.

I have the K90 which is not fully mechanical but I can say its one of the best keyboards I have ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.