[SOLVED] function key fear and misery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2020
Hello clever people.
I Have a toshiba portege laptop (UK version) with a US keyboard from a toshiba satelite (replaced when broken)
Everythng works fine except....
the functon keys (alt functions, pressing fn+F6 etc)
The secondary functions do work, but the actions dont match the symbols on the keys (for example, fn+f3 should decrease screen brightness but instead it puts the laptop in standby)

The question is, can anything be done about this?
There are plenty of utilities that can remap the normal keys (sharpkey etc) but they dont work with function keys.

Is there some way to customize function key functions?

Could i maybe find a specific keyboard driver that would work?

Or do i have to resort to putting physical stickers on the buttons?

Thanks for any advice/

have you tried going into language and region settings , it might be using usa English you can get uk English to download in that section , a classic way to test is open word or email and try typing @ using the shift and the correct key , if it does not type @ then it is set to usa English

have you tried going into language and region settings , it might be using usa English you can get uk English to download in that section , a classic way to test is open word or email and try typing @ using the shift and the correct key , if it does not type @ then it is set to usa English

This works for normal keys, they are talking about the function keys that control things like volume, screen brightness, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.