adooley8

Commendable
Dec 28, 2018
I’ve had my Ryzen 7 2700x almost a year now and it’s always performed like a champ but lately I’ve noticed some weird behaviours and was looking for a second opinion. So around Christmas I replaced the thermal paste between my CPU and the H100i v2 I have cooling it and since I’ve done so the temperatures are abnormally low,CPU seldom hits over 50c in games,and when stress tested maxes out at 75c,just wondering if this is normal? I felt it was a little low and decided to change the paste again last week and since doing so I’ve been super conscious, and I’ve noticed a lot of stuttering in games,stuttering is once with the more load put on the CPU,if I use the very low preset in PUBG for example the game is not playable but if I use the ultra preset it’s fine (using a GTX 1070 graphics card by the way). I noticed a trend similar to this in battlefield V. Temperature haven’t changed and maxed out at 50c when I done a stream the other night. Is this normal behaviour for the 8 core cpu or is something up?

if your clock speeds are normal (i.e., boosting to 4.35 GHz single core turbo or so under load), and performance seems fine, I'd sure be fine with living the condition of 'my temps seem unusually low' :)

Do not assume stuttering has anything to do with temps, you might simply have a frame rate high enough to drop sync with your monitor...not all monitors adapt to very high framerates, and many need vsync enabled.....

If using a GTX1070, I'd assume you want all details/textures enabled anyway...

No advantage in upping framerates to 150 fps if the monitor cannot handle it/display it anyway when using a 60 Hz refresh monitor..

Reactions: adooley8

adooley8

Commendable
Dec 28, 2018
if your clock speeds are normal (i.e., boosting to 4.35 GHz single core turbo or so under load), and performance seems fine, I'd sure be fine with living the condition of 'my temps seem unusually low' :)

Do not assume stuttering has anything to do with temps, you might simply have a frame rate high enough to drop sync with your monitor...not all monitors adapt to very high framerates, and many need vsync enabled.....

If using a GTX1070, I'd assume you want all details/textures enabled anyway...

No advantage in upping framerates to 150 fps if the monitor cannot handle it/display it anyway when using a 60 Hz refresh monitor..
Appreciate the reply man, and I suppose your mindset is far better than mine!

my only issue is that I do in fact use a 144hz monitor so I need those 150fps,the only consolat I have is the extreme stuttering only happens when I’m pushing over 200 fps in PUBG,is it possible that could be engine related?

TRENDING THREADS