Furmark shutdown a second after Furmark GPU Stress Test initiated.

KeepYourApology

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
My Furmark closes abruptly while running the GPU stress test with the error "Vertex Shader Error : (null)".

My specs are pretty low but :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
6.1 GB
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit

Solution
How have you got your ram configured at 6.1GB, is that based off of two slots populated on your laptop? It's apparent that you're in possession of a laptop though if you could state the make and model number it'd be easier to verify if you're in need of a BIOS and/or chipset/GPU drivers update. Nevertheless try and reinstall your GPU drivers using those found off the manufacturer's site and if compatible then download and install from Nvidia's site. Please be sure to uninstall GPU drivers using display driver uninstaller.

If you're experiencing low FPS in games then try and make sure the game is using your Nvidia GT740M GPU instead of Intel's iGPU. Further reading.

Lutfij

Titan
How have you got your ram configured at 6.1GB, is that based off of two slots populated on your laptop? It's apparent that you're in possession of a laptop though if you could state the make and model number it'd be easier to verify if you're in need of a BIOS and/or chipset/GPU drivers update. Nevertheless try and reinstall your GPU drivers using those found off the manufacturer's site and if compatible then download and install from Nvidia's site. Please be sure to uninstall GPU drivers using display driver uninstaller.

If you're experiencing low FPS in games then try and make sure the game is using your Nvidia GT740M GPU instead of Intel's iGPU. Further reading.

Solution