Question FurMark 2 hotspot temp ?

seniorfiance

Commendable
Jul 15, 2022
I have been dealing with my PC black-screening sporadically after some heavy gaming, as described in my original forum post here. Since then, I have discovered quite a bit and wanted to see if a new perspective could help get me some answers.

What I've done:
- Ran Mem86 to make sure RAM was alright
- Replaced PSU
- Clean install of Windows
- Updated GPU drivers

One thing I noticed was that my PC would black screen, however I could still hear audio fine and it seemed like things were still running, the display itself had just been forcibly turned off. Then, when digging around in the Event Viewer, I found an error log talking about the display driver nvlddmk failing, after looking at some other forums many were pointing to a potential GPU issues. They especially spoke about issues with overheating, which I had never worried about because I monitor temps very closely and my GPU never goes above 75 C.

Well, I decided to try FurMark 2 for posterity's sake, well sure enough it was maxing at 75 C, however I noticed a "hotspot" bar that was at a whopping 104C. Could someone explain what this hotspot temp means and could it relate to my issues here? Is there a way to fix whatever it is, or do I just need to replace the GPU?

Screenshot of FurMark 2

I appreciate any help here.