Fusion Garage Promises 3G JooJoo by July

Status
Not open for further replies.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I got a great company idea: we will wait for Apple to make something then we will hope to steal their thunder with a product that has the exact same look but has 1000000000000x less of a brand name! YAY!

G

I'm confused... without specialty apps... having a browser as the main part it is not really competing with anyone it is simply a superportable browser...? am I missing something? this product is the biggest mystery to me.

henrystrawn

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Bad JooJoo. Just a thought, if you move more data transmission to a phone, which is firmly under FCC control, rather than ISPs, it seems to me to be less "Net Neutral".

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I applaud the decision to let users install whatever they wish, but I have a simple question: why on earth does installing a different OS void the warranty ?

Is a badly written piece of software responsible for blowing up a screen for example ? As far as I know, the BIOS and other proprietary firmware is always responsible for controlling the basic operating parameters ofa device that simply do not allow software to do pysical damage, unless you actually change these firmwares.

Because if it's not the case with this device, a badly written piece of software other than an OS could well be able to do that also. So I really don't get this. They allow, but seem to try to stop people from doing it by imposing totally unjustified penalities, in this case losing the warranty.Are they trying to hide something ? Like the fact the device is half baked and major basic parameters are controlled by the OS itself instead of the BIOS/other firmware ?

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]I applaud the decision to let users install whatever they wish, but I have a simple question: why on earth does installing a different OS void the warranty ?[/citation]

I'm unsure but maybe a poorly written bios could cause overheating or something like that.

[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]I'm unsure but maybe a poorly written bios could cause overheating or something like that.[/citation]
I guess it's mostly because of tech support. If you keep the original OS, then they can (theoretically) service your device, whereas if the OS is modified, it's out of their hands.
good thing they do not prohibit it, though, like other manufacturers. Nexus one has the same advantage, it does not prevent one from unlocking it, but by doing so, voids the warranty. basic legal precautions, after all.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]iannet[/nom]Isn't this the Crunch Pad?[/citation]

Yes it is the original Tech-Crunch pad, that these guy wrongfully stole from Techcrunch. Additionally, for those that do not know the ideal behind this tablet was out much earlier than before the iPad was even announced. So, NO they aren't stealing Apple's idea but it is actually the other way around.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]daworstplaya[/nom]the ideal behind this tablet was out much earlier than before the iPad was even announced[/citation]

What ideal?

Status
Not open for further replies.