[SOLVED] future build

Solution
I mean you could get away with 850W,but if we are going all out why not buy a 1200W for future upgrades?

No. You only need 1200W if future plans include SLI. Having a higher wattage PSU with the idea of "future upgrades" is kind of pointless since for the most part, things are getting more energy efficient and using less power, not more. The 3090 is kind of an anomaly in terms of how much power it uses and unless you're going for two of those and overclocking them to death, you don't need a PSU with that kind of wattage. And with the 3090, your only possible upgrade path is SLI but unless you can afford two of those cards, that is some serious overkill.

g-unit1111

Titan
I mean you could get away with 850W,but if we are going all out why not buy a 1200W for future upgrades?

No. You only need 1200W if future plans include SLI. Having a higher wattage PSU with the idea of "future upgrades" is kind of pointless since for the most part, things are getting more energy efficient and using less power, not more. The 3090 is kind of an anomaly in terms of how much power it uses and unless you're going for two of those and overclocking them to death, you don't need a PSU with that kind of wattage. And with the 3090, your only possible upgrade path is SLI but unless you can afford two of those cards, that is some serious overkill.

Solution
ye i went to overkill tbh.Is 850W enough then?

TRENDING THREADS