[SOLVED] Future GPU availability

Because of the current climate of GPU's being like hens teeth around the world, does it mean that when stocks slowly start to replenish, AMD and Nvidia will only be producing their latest GPU's? Does it mean that 'cheaper and older' cards like the x570/x580/x590 etc and the 1050/1060, 2060/2070 etc will never be available again as they are no longer in production? (unless found 2nd hand and bought as previously used mining cards.)

Solution
Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. For sure, by the time we see things iron out, I see it to be late 2022. Then you're going to see the cryptocurrency mining bubble burst, then see the world with fanciable unicorns running around in harmony.

Seriously, there's no telling what the future holds. Only that tomorrow might be worse than today. Might being the key word.

Lutfij

Titan
Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. For sure, by the time we see things iron out, I see it to be late 2022. Then you're going to see the cryptocurrency mining bubble burst, then see the world with fanciable unicorns running around in harmony.

Seriously, there's no telling what the future holds. Only that tomorrow might be worse than today. Might being the key word.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Get what you can now and be patient. Things aren't getting any cheaper as GPU demand is going up and supply just isn't catching up, unfortunately. it's a shame because there are some great performing new products out there but due to mining and covid 19 things could be messed up for a while as mentioned above. GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions: Krotow and kurdtnz

BY66

Commendable
Sep 19, 2019
My friend's father who works for a marketing company in Hangzhou told us a completely horrifying facts about the shortage of graphics cards globally. He incidentally found the information in local forums swarmed with the so-called 5 Mao radical elements. 5 Mao means a certain population in the country who worship Mao's ideology. These young populations are brain washed throughout their childhood and educated to push the country towards nationalism. They are angry against the US's current policies against their country's administration.

According to the post my friend's father decrypted or more appropriately translated, the Chinese are intentionally investing on the crypto currency and making any endeavor to mine on a scale which is out of our imagination. They even have the support of their local "sheriff" (equivalent to our terminology) to prioritize electricity supply to certain region of the province in order to facilitate the mining operation legitimately. The mining operation demands a huge number of graphics cards thus outweighs the supply by a big proportion. Whilst everyone on the planet perceives and knows very well that these population of Chinese radicals are trying to overthrow the US dollars by Bitcoins, their secondary objectives are not known.

According to the posts deciphered, their secondary mission is to destroy the US's gaming industry. Their logic is hilarious actually, but radical minds are always tiny as peanuts LOL. In order to give rise to the Chinese gaming industry which they believe are producing very competitive games for the Asia market with their stock prices roaring sky high within China, they need to handicap and gradually paralyze the games development in the US markets. To catalyze these attempts, they need to damage the graphics cards sales in the Western Hemisphere! In fact, they are stopping at nothing to buy graphics cards at civilian level from GT 1030 to all the 30 series cards as well as AMD 60 series. When the gamers receive no new cards, latest games can hardly be played on old cards. As time goes by, the desire to buy new cards diminishes, and game developers find it difficult to sell newly develop games thus halt their work eventually while the Chinese gaming industries are now flourishing amid the booming 5G network which promotes network gaming favorably.

This is no conspiracy, it is being planned for and executed on a daily basis.

Today, a local news reveals that 300,000 cards are procured by 132 retailers located in various cities on the east coast.

So the luck of getting a graphics cards (from GT 1030 to RTX 30*) is extremely slim and such vicious plot to damage the US gaming industry and the interests of the America economy makes one shivers with cold sweat. I just hope that these 5 Mao will not plan anything more horrifying than what they have set out to do.

And let's hope that future cards will be more inclined to be distributed to gamers.

Man..... amd I thought it was because of the Martians that landed last week in Canada were hacked off about us putting a helicopter on their plant...... how could I have been so wrong...... well you learn something everyday :unsure: Linus is interviewing them on the WAN show this Sunday by the way....