Question Future Pc preview (Open to suggestions)

I suggest you wait for Ryzen 3000. The release is only 15 days away and the performance gains over 2000 series seem very impressive.
Get the 3700X and a X570 motherboard with these parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($77.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($679.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.39 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1192.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-22 07:20 EDT-0400

The GPU is also something that could be changed with the release of the RX 5700 XT being the same day as Ryzen 3000s.

Reactions: AngelTech
I agree that unless you need the system within the next couple weeks, you should probably wait a bit to see what the Ryzen 3000 CPUs have to offer. It sounds like they will likely provide around 15% more performance per clock than the current models, in addition to them clocking a bit higher.

I wouldn't consider a Cryorig H7 if you are in the US, as they don't seem to be distributed here anymore. The only places still selling them have the prices of their remaining stock marked up to absurd levels. The original H7 was a good value when it was priced under $40. The H7 Quad Lumi offered a bit better performance, but at $60 it could arguably be considered a bit less of a value. At significantly higher prices than that, they are not really worth considering though, as there are better-performing options available in that price range.

And you almost certainly won't need an 850 watt power supply. An RTX 2070 draws less than 200 watts under load, and a Ryzen 2700X shouldn't draw much more than 100 watts with all cores loaded, so you likely won't have more than 400 watts being drawn by all components with both the CPU and GPU under full load. Switching to something like an RTX 2080 might add another 50 watts or so, and it's possible that AMD's upcoming processors could potentially draw a bit more power at higher clocks, but a good 650-750 watt PSU should be plenty to handle those components, and it's possible to find high-quality units like the one Finstar linked to for far less than the price of that 850 watt unit.

Also, I would pass on a 1TB hard drive in favor of either putting the money toward a larger SSD, or a getting a larger hard drive if you need the bulk storage. The cost-per-gigabyte of 1TB hard drives is not particularly good, and it's possible to get a 2TB drive with double the capacity for not much more.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS