Future Planning Help

Korey Charity

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Hi everyone :) So my birthday is coming up and I wanna do some upgrading to my comp. The problem is I would really like to go Intel and get a Intel mobo. Because right now I have the AMD FX-6300. I do not have the money for a Intel processor (I7 ONLY) and a motherboard. And I was thinking of just sticking to AMD and get a FX-8350 later on? Is there any motherboards that are full atx and support both am3+ and Intel LGA1150?

Solution

"nice case" is secondary to "nice CPU".

What would *I* do? Earn more money. Buy the components you want, when you have enough.

Korey Charity

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

Well what would you do if you were in my situation? Would you wait a whole year. And have a really tiny mobo that doesn't have enough sata ports on it. Or go amd and just get a new cpu next year with a full atx mobo?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Why do you only want an i7 if you go Intel? You could get an i5 for cheaper, and it would still outperform your 6300 significantly, as well as outperform an 8350.

Korey Charity

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

I don't even have the money for a i5 since I am getting a really nice case and everything including whatever mobo I get...

USAFRet

Titan

"nice case" is secondary to "nice CPU".

What would *I* do? Earn more money. Buy the components you want, when you have enough.

Solution