future proofing`

G

hi all, As i said before i really need a new graphic card, but which one is going to last me the longest? I'm looking at either a radeon 32mb ddr or a geforce2 mx sdr, but i get the impression that the mx will start choking with newer games in the next 6 months, yet the radeon looks a little better but i've heard about real trash drivers, would the radeon work with win98se? I was looking at the geforce2 gts but the price is simply out of my price range.
Oh yeah is there a big difference between the standard radeon and the vivo version?
thanx in advance

G

i am using a radeon 64ddr right now and Ati got some good driver comming up. The currant verison that i am using is fine, no problem for me.(i use win ME) OpenGL fsaa is ok but the D3D fsaa doesn't really work on some games. Also, if you are using DX8, you will have to use a special driver that you can download at the ati website

mpjesse

Splendid
Whatever you do, don't waste your money on a Radeon SDR. Those things are slowww... a GeForce 2 MX outperforms that thing. I'd suggest a GeForce 2 GTS or Pro... you can find GeForce 2 Pro's for about $160 now.

-MP JEsse

G

i am using a radeon 64ddr right now and Ati got some good driver comming up. The currant verison that i am using is fine, no problem for me.(i use win ME) OpenGL fsaa is ok but the D3D fsaa doesn't really work on some games. Also, if you are using DX8, you will have to use a special driver that you can download at the ati website.

The standard radeon (AIW, 32ddr, 32sdr) runs at 166/166 clock. the vivo viersion(64ddr) runs at 183/183. SO they will be faster. From what i heard, it is easier to oc a 183/183 to 200/200.(if you are planning to oc it)

Hope this info helps you.

P.S. radeon support EMBM and vertex skinning, Hardware DVD playback.

TRENDING THREADS