[SOLVED] Future upgrades

macrow7

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Hey guys. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my computer but I don't know if they are worth it.

Components:
CPU: AMD A8 7600 3.1GHz 3.8GHz (with 4 threads)
MOBO: ASUS A88XM-E
RAM: CRUCIAL 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
PSU: NOX URANO SX 500W
CASE: NOX VULKAN

And I am thinking of putting respectively:
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz (what do you guys think? 1x8 or 2x4?)
SSD: 256GB sata 3 560mb/s reading 520mb/s writing

And I wonder if this is all compatible because I want to buy the components, put them in and have no problems and forget that they are there :)

Thank you for your time and help.

Solution
Your RAM is fine enough, upgrading to the suggested one with increased speed won't make noticeable difference on your system.
SSD is a welcome addition to any computer, preferably as the main storage drive with the OS and software on. By using SSD instead of HDD as a primary drive with OS and hardware on it, your PC difference will be like "better than new" from what you already know about how it works now. probably one of the biggest upgrades is switching to SSD, and well cheapest too.
About the GPU, I can"t say whether it is worth it because you said nothing about whether you have GPU already (which one) or using a built-in GPU from the CPU itself.

macrow7

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Hey guys. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my computer but I don't know if they are worth it.

Components:
CPU: AMD A8 7600 3.1GHz 3.8GHz (with 4 threads)
MOBO: ASUS A88XM-E
RAM: CRUCIAL 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
PSU: NOX URANO SX 500W
CASE: NOX VULKAN

And I am thinking of putting respectively:
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 2400MHz (what do you guys think? 1x8 or 2x4?)
SSD: 256GB sata 3 560mb/s reading 520mb/s writing

And I wonder if this is all compatible because I want to buy the components, put them in and have no problems and forget that they are there :)

Thank you for your time and help.

Oct 16, 2019
Your RAM is fine enough, upgrading to the suggested one with increased speed won't make noticeable difference on your system.
SSD is a welcome addition to any computer, preferably as the main storage drive with the OS and software on. By using SSD instead of HDD as a primary drive with OS and hardware on it, your PC difference will be like "better than new" from what you already know about how it works now. probably one of the biggest upgrades is switching to SSD, and well cheapest too.
About the GPU, I can"t say whether it is worth it because you said nothing about whether you have GPU already (which one) or using a built-in GPU from the CPU itself.

Solution

macrow7

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019

Sorry for not responding on time. I was gone for a few days. But yes, in fact I am using the GPU included in the processor. Now, do you think putting an off board graphics card (GTX 1050 in this case) is a good upgrade?

Ram is fine. No need to change it as it really wont benefit you much.

A gtx1050 would be a massive benefit from the integrated graphics in your CPU, however your CPU will struggle in modern titles.

Also, an SSD would massively improve the usability of your pc but not fps in games.

What is your budget and country?
Im assuming somewhere europe because of the nox hardware.

I would concider a ryzen apu system with an ssd.

Oct 16, 2019
Sorry for not responding on time. I was gone for a few days. But yes, in fact I am using the GPU included in the processor. Now, do you think putting an off board graphics card (GTX 1050 in this case) is a good upgrade?
Since that is the case, upgrading to GTX 1050 Ti, upgrading to SSD primary storage and getting 2400 MHz RAM ( won't make too much of a difference if 1x8 or 2x4, but I suggest 1x8 then you can easily add 8 GB ram anytime in the 2nd channel slot) it will be like you just bought a new computer, much better than you had.