[SOLVED] Future upgrades

Connor Boyer

Reputable
May 26, 2015
Hey everyone! Just wanted to pick y'alls brain real quick. I currently have no complaints with my rig but want to start planning for the future as to what will need upgraded first. I'm mainly just a gamer so just looking for things that will help boost the bottom line.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yf6Zw6

Not listed in the build is a 500gb ssd so that is already in.

If y'all could help me out with pointing me in the right direction for products that will fit and are compatible into my current rig. Don't have a set budget but would like to keep it somewhat fiance friendly lol

Thanks ahead of time!

Solution
Awesome, thanks for the info! Just a 1080P. Suits me fairly well for now.
Your welcome! Yeah at 1080P/144hz you have a solid system and nothing really needs to be upgraded for a bit but the order will stay the same, PSU then GPU. Following those two upgrades you could consider more memory down the line if it's fairly priced and possibly some CPU overclocking if you haven't done it yet. If not and your interested in doing so I'd highly recommend the Intel Temperature Guide by CompuTronix. It has the information and tools required to do so and while your 120mm AIO may not be the best for it you may luck out and be able to get a decent overclock on that 8700K...

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks for the reply! What would you recommend for the GPU? I actually just picked up a 144hz 27" that fits me and my desk well.
1080P or 1440P?

The GTX 1080 is still an excellent GPU so it may be awhile before you may want to upgrade but it comes down to your preferences.

Also you'll want to upgrade that PSU first, it may be ok for your build now but it's not a unit I'd risk with future upgrades. Look at the 550-650W Seasonic Focus Gold Plus or similar (Seasonic might have a newer version out).

Connor Boyer

Reputable
May 26, 2015
1080P or 1440P?

The GTX 1080 is still an excellent GPU so it may be awhile before you may want to upgrade but it comes down to your preferences.

Also you'll want to upgrade that PSU first, it may be ok for your build now but it's not a unit I'd risk with future upgrades. Look at the 550-650W Seasonic Focus Gold Plus or similar (Seasonic might have a newer version out).

WildCard999

Titan
Your welcome! Yeah at 1080P/144hz you have a solid system and nothing really needs to be upgraded for a bit but the order will stay the same, PSU then GPU. Following those two upgrades you could consider more memory down the line if it's fairly priced and possibly some CPU overclocking if you haven't done it yet. If not and your interested in doing so I'd highly recommend the Intel Temperature Guide by CompuTronix. It has the information and tools required to do so and while your 120mm AIO may not be the best for it you may luck out and be able to get a decent overclock on that 8700K.

Solution