[SOLVED] Futureproof parts for Ryzen 7 2700X + Sapphire RX580 8 GB

heartagramm

Reputable
Jun 4, 2018
Hello, I just bought Ryzen 7 2700X and Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB used. Do you guys have any tips for a futureproof motherboard, good set of 32 (at minimum) GB RAM and PSU? I'm most likely going for a 970 Evo (500 GB) and for the case you could also recommend a great airflow one with sleek design (black or black/white, no RGB needed). Will overclock casually, stock air cooling only (any better and cheap?). Silent outcome is a must, I will buy the parts from Amazon.de and ship to Finland. Will be upgrading the CPU for 4th gen Ryzen 7 in the near future. Will be doing 4K video editing only with the PC.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you are doing a 4th gen chip, then you will want an X570 board to make sure you have the best chance of it working with all features. PCIe 4.0 being the big one.

2x16GB memory kit, 3200Mhz, look for Samsung B-die if you can find some.

Certainly better coolers out there, and not too expensive. Noctua NH-12, be quiet! Dark rock series, etc.

Chassis are subjective. I'm partial to the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M series. A good mix of airflow and classic design.

PSU, Corsair RM are hard to beat, EVGA SuperNova G3, Seasonic Focus or Prime. Usually stick with gold rated supplies for higher end systems.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you are doing a 4th gen chip, then you will want an X570 board to make sure you have the best chance of it working with all features. PCIe 4.0 being the big one.

2x16GB memory kit, 3200Mhz, look for Samsung B-die if you can find some.

Certainly better coolers out there, and not too expensive. Noctua NH-12, be quiet! Dark rock series, etc.

Chassis are subjective. I'm partial to the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M series. A good mix of airflow and classic design.

PSU, Corsair RM are hard to beat, EVGA SuperNova G3, Seasonic Focus or Prime. Usually stick with gold rated supplies for higher end systems.

Reactions: heartagramm
Solution

heartagramm

Reputable
Jun 4, 2018
Well that is the starting point, I got an OK deal for those parts and that is why I asked for the futureproof parts to get, so someday I can upgrade the CPU and GPU... That day isn't today and I won't most likely be purchasing the newest GPU anyway, when it arrives because that is just dumb. The prices will go up if people keep on buying the latest and greatest blindly... Just like on phones.

Thanks for the suggestions already, I really appreciate those. 👍